Fielden

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Fielden

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Bought in to stave off relegation and it worked to some degree, however, was Dobson not more influential in the relegation battle.
At Wigan he has shown mere glimses of his Bratfurt days, but not consitant enough.
An expensive project that has not worked to its full potential.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I'll be surprised if he doesn't get back to full fitness in time to play for a new contract!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:I'll be surprised if he doesn't get back to full fitness in time to play for a new contract!
He's not getting one!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:I'll be surprised if he doesn't get back to full fitness in time to play for a new contract!
He's not getting one!
good, he doesn't deserve one, been steeling a living the past 2 seasons
GBH

Post by GBH »

medlocke wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
He's not getting one!
Bloody harsh hes been injured and got reinjured trying to get back, hate for you to have time off sick!
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

GBH wrote:
medlocke wrote:
josie andrews wrote: He's not getting one!
Bloody harsh hes been injured and got reinjured trying to get back, hate for you to have time off sick!
Last time I looked, it was the DW, not the DSS Stadium!
BriH

Post by BriH »

medlocke wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
He's not getting one!
With an attitude like that, you would have made a model employer in the Victorian era.
GBH

Post by GBH »

Kittwazzer wrote:
GBH wrote:
medlocke wrote: good, he doesn't deserve one, been steeling a living the past 2 seasons
Last time I looked, it was the DW, not the DSS Stadium!
Yeah lets just sack everyone who has time off sick sounds good to me as I run my own business would save me a fortune! o sorry this is the real world and we cant do that....
Its not like hes been sat at home watching day time telly hes been training and trying to get back to full fitness.
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Medlocke (Baked Bean Boogie on RLfans) has a warped sense of humour. He attacks people for 'sins' he has been guilty of. Hock - drugs, Fielden - not working (his implication).

If anything Fielden has been guilty of trying too hard, too soon. Injuries can become a nightmare, one no player ever seeks. The opposite.

Likewise, unemployment is never something to mock either.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

It is always unfortunate when a player suffers from injuries like Fielden has done the last couple of years. However there is no place for sentiment in sport and for me he should be released when his contract is up. He has been injured for 2 seasons and prior to this was a shadow of the player he was anyway. He doesnt offer anything that our other props do and he is simply not worth keeping on. With Lima going we need a top prop and the Lima and Fielden money can go towards getting one.