Paul Wood

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Paul Wood

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

weststand-rich wrote:At one point in 2004 he was statistically one of the best props in SL, but his best days are long behind him. He came within a whisper of retiring a couple of years ago with repeated shoulder problems.

He's okay, but is not a like for like replacement for Lima.
He is the way Lima is playing at the moment!

Joking aside, there are not many players in the Lima mould. We missed a trick not signing Hill, I believe that Tom Burgess would have proved a useful signing but he will be plying his trade at Souths next season where I expect a big improvement under Madge. Other than Taylor at HKR I don't see many young prospects that are on a par with what we have already got.

It will be intersting to see how Fielden goes over the next few weeks, a number of strong performances may still get him a new contract. We cannot afford to lose Lima and Fielden both in the same year and not recruit.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:We cannot afford to lose Lima and Fielden both in the same year and not recruit.
We would only be losing Lima!
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Kittwazzer wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:We cannot afford to lose Lima and Fielden both in the same year and not recruit.
How come i was under the impression SF was not to be offered a contract for 2013.Or offered one anyway.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

platt-warrior wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
How come i was under the impression SF was not to be offered a contract for 2013.Or offered one anyway.
Correct. But a player who hasn't played for the best part of 2 seasons is hardly a loss!
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

ok with you.
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Paul wood will not be a Wigan player next season, and that's come from a team mate of his
wwiganuntillidie

Post by wwiganuntillidie »

i think he would be a great asset to our team,he works hard and he runs hard.....perfect for our team :D
Dicknterry

Post by Dicknterry »

Woody isn't signing for us.
"A closed mouth gathers no foot"
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Source - briers
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

That's that then. Gallen it will have to be.

Oh drat!