Scott Taylor

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: scott taylor

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Mintball Mick wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:A big lump of a lad who seems strong and is very aggressive for his age.
Would be a decent signing IMO.
I'd agree with that but will it involve yet another huge fee? IFL isn't known for throwing money around so I'm a bit bemused with what has happened of late!
Don't read too much into substantial fees, most of the time the selling club will say that to cover their tracks as to why they are letting that player go.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Thanks God.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Is the Taylor transfer going to be ready for 2013 season?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Chris Tuson is not part of the deal.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Mintball Mick

Post by Mintball Mick »

East Stand Faithful wrote:Chris Tuson is not part of the deal.
Poor lad has tweeted he still has another year left on his contract!
markill

Post by markill »

It would be interesting to see who is part of the deal. I don't fancy seeing many of our young players go to sign one young player from elsewhere. I actually wouldn't have had as much of an issue with Tuson going as if we lose Spencer or Crosby.

I don't think Tuson will be anything more than a good squad player - Hughes, Flower, Dudson have overtaken him in the pecking order over this season.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

markill wrote:It would be interesting to see who is part of the deal. I don't fancy seeing many of our young players go to sign one young player from elsewhere. I actually wouldn't have had as much of an issue with Tuson going as if we lose Spencer or Crosby.

I don't think Tuson will be anything more than a good squad player - Hughes, Flower, Dudson have overtaken him in the pecking order over this season.
I agree, I don't want to see anyone leave either but you have to look at it from the players' point of view. You mention Crosby and Spencer. They really want a regular spot which they aren't getting at Wigan!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Kittwazzer wrote:
markill wrote:It would be interesting to see who is part of the deal. I don't fancy seeing many of our young players go to sign one young player from elsewhere. I actually wouldn't have had as much of an issue with Tuson going as if we lose Spencer or Crosby.

I agree, I don't want to see anyone leave either but you have to look at it from the players' point of view. You mention Crosby and Spencer. They really want a regular spot which they aren't getting at Wigan!
True, but they are only young dudes and their time will come. These guys are six/seven years from their peak. The only way they will be leaving Wigan is if the coaching staff think they are not up to it.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Seems to be true, local paper mentioned it and the fee will be less than Blake Green with only a year on his contract left, 50K ?

Seems highly rated
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:Seems to be true, local paper mentioned it and the fee will be less than Blake Green with only a year on his contract left, 50K ?

Seems highly rated
From what I read HKR fans are gutted at the prospect of losing him!