And tonights games proves a Wigan bias from the RFL / REFS

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: And tonights games proves a Wigan bias from the RFL /...

Post by Kittwazzer »

“Are you corrupt or just absolutely incompetent?”

Not giving them an awful lot of 'wiggle room' there Paul. Bit like the guy asking the judge if he still beats his wife!
Ron Doran

Post by Ron Doran »

Kittwazzer - Sorry, but who is Paul and we won't mention The Judge?
E.& O.E.
Jules

Post by Jules »

Sorry to be going against the flow here, but are we really saying that the powers that be in RFL conspire against wigan.
They order the adjudication panel to give us the maximun punishment, and let others off.
They instruct referees to make sure we dont progress, and have decisions set against us.
They do all this because we are Lancashire, and they are Yorkshire.

And our evidnece is that Micky hit Late, High and with Intent, ???

If you believe any of the above, ask youself how neutral your eyes and mind are, and how many other fans of other clubs believe the same of their own team.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Jules wrote:Sorry to be going against the flow here, but are we really saying that the powers that be in RFL conspire against wigan.
They order the adjudication panel to give us the maximun punishment, and let others off.
They instruct referees to make sure we dont progress, and have decisions set against us.
They do all this because we are Lancashire, and they are Yorkshire.

And our evidnece is that Micky hit Late, High and with Intent, ???

If you believe any of the above, ask youself how neutral your eyes and mind are, and how many other fans of other clubs believe the same of their own team.

Good post Jules - a very reasoned approach and very true.
Every Clubs' fans think they get the big stick from the RFL - just read all the varied comments on RL Fans for evidence - it's very easy in an emotional sport to become a bit irrational about your own Team. Step back awhile and try to see it from a neutrals point of view.It may make understanding decisions easier to accept, without holding a permanent gripe against one and all.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Kittwazzer wrote:“Are you corrupt or just absolutely incompetent?”

Not giving them an awful lot of 'wiggle room' there Paul. Bit like the guy asking the judge if he still beats his wife!
Ron, the Paul in question is me and KW I totally appreciate that this was a very aggressive, passionate email sent immediately after I saw that Kylie was not being sent off.

I do appreciate the need for more constructive and dispassionate address of the subject matter. All I can say in my defence was that I was and still am thoroughly pi***d off with the whole MM debacle and I think that the RFL are just useless in offering any kind of consistency with the way that they conduct disciplinary hearings.

My view was that the RFL aren't going to change just from my email so I thought I'd tell them exactly what I thought of them. It isn't going to make the problem any better but crikey I felt a bit better for having proper rant at them.

So, constructive? No, not really. Accurate and meant? Yes!!
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

One-match ban for Leuluai

theres justice for you, so if you punch somebody in the face thats a grade B offence and he gets one match, so why is that a lesser charge than a hight late tackle, MM get 3 matches for his troubles and Leeds player gets 1, consistency my arse.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Sporting judiciary processes are always a law unto themselves and make mind boggling decisions that are rarely fair.

There you go for all the bleeding hearts here. No club bias just the truth by somebody with a bit of experience.
cook123

Post by cook123 »

There would be a lesser charge on this occasion for leuluai as he could of entered an early guilty ple which would of only given him a one game ban - so can't really ban him more than that. Also mm may have 3 games due to him being charged certainly this year before and prob other years too.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

cpwigan wrote:Sporting judiciary processes are always a law unto themselves and make mind boggling decisions that are rarely fair.

There you go for all the bleeding hearts here. No club bias just the truth by somebody with a bit of experience.
That's a little condescending CP as I don't consider myself to be a 'bleeding heart'. Just a genuine fan who would like the RFL to account for their crazy, inconsistent decisions.
I'm sure you're statement on them being rarely fair is correct, don't get me wrong but your post intimates that them being a law unto themselves is adequate and expected.

Don't you feel the need to question it and try to make it better? Whether you're experienced or not?
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Kiwiseddon wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Sporting judiciary processes are always a law unto themselves and make mind boggling decisions that are rarely fair.

That's a little condescending CP as I don't consider myself to be a 'bleeding heart'. Just a genuine fan who would like the RFL to account for their crazy, inconsistent decisions.
I'm sure you're statement on them being rarely fair is correct, don't get me wrong but your post intimates that them being a law unto themselves is adequate and expected.

Don't you feel the need to question it and try to make it better? Whether you're experienced or not?
Apologies Kiwi, my post was not directed at you. Rather those who think just because you support club X, Y or Z you are inherently biased and feel wronged by a governing body.

I totally agree, the RFL disciplinary process is farcical