Hock Joins Widnes Vikings on Season Loan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Hock Joins Widnes Vikings on Season Loan

Post by cpwigan »

Matthew wrote:This is the end of Hock's Wigan career. Even if Wane goes at the end of the year, IL will still be here and he is the one that has criticised Hock.

I don't doubt that there are two sides to this; however if what they have said about Hock is untrue, then he could sue them for libel - will be interesting to see if he does.
Yet Wigan retain his registration supposedly on the pretext of not allowing Hock to play for another 'rival'.

Does anybody think Gareth Hock ever wanted to go to Australia. He becomes travel sick when he leaves Wigan. Odd how NRL clubs suddenly started to show an interest as it he had been offered to them. Somebody wanted him out the way. Gareth Hock would like to play for Wigan but he cannot under the current coach.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

cpwigan wrote:
Matthew wrote:This is the end of Hock's Wigan career. Even if Wane goes at the end of the year, IL will still be here and he is the one that has criticised Hock.

I don't doubt that there are two sides to this; however if what they have said about Hock is untrue, then he could sue them for libel - will be interesting to see if he does.
Yet Wigan retain his registration supposedly on the pretext of not allowing Hock to play for another 'rival'.

Does anybody think Gareth Hock ever wanted to go to Australia. He becomes travel sick when he leaves Wigan. Odd how NRL clubs suddenly started to show an interest as it he had been offered to them. Somebody wanted him out the way. Gareth Hock would like to play for Wigan but he cannot under the current coach.
Surely though if this was the case and hock wanted to play for wigan in the future IL would have made a much more tactile statement leaving way for a return - he has come out and basically called him a shower of sh**e, thats IL not Wane, he could of let Wane done the statement. It makes it almost impossible for IL to backtrack and i would of thought he was too smart for that
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
cpwigan wrote:

Surely though if this was the case and hock wanted to play for wigan in the future IL would have made a much more tactile statement leaving way for a return - he has come out and basically called him a shower of sh**e, thats IL not Wane, he could of let Wane done the statement. It makes it almost impossible for IL to backtrack and i would of thought he was too smart for that
"with immense regret at losing a player of Gareth's quality, who I believe is still a Wiganer at heart"

contradicts the negatives really which is odd.

The statement is political. Some would say contrived. Take it with a pinch of salt.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

I was told a bit about Hocks side of the story and it was that he had had words with Wane and also that his contract was improved by the club, this info was from about 4 weeks ago.I wasn't told why he had words with Wane.
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

I think this is extremely poor of him considering the support given to him by the club, as much as he is a good player I'm happy to see him out of Wigan for the good of the club
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

WiganWarrior wrote:I think this is extremely poor of him considering the support given to him by the club, as much as he is a good player I'm happy to see him out of Wigan for the good of the club
Depends if what the statement says is true.

[Comment Removed]
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Kittwazzer wrote:

He won't. A statement like this will have been agreed with both parties!
Hock agree to that? Are you kidding? He has really been painted as a bad'un by that.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

DaveO wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:

He won't. A statement like this will have been agreed with both parties!
Hock agree to that? Are you kidding? He has really been painted as a bad'un by that.
He certainly has Dave, but maybe he had little choice. Read CPs comment. I think there may be a 3rd pary involved who's name shall not be mentioned. Leastways, not by me!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
cpwigan wrote: Yet Wigan retain his registration supposedly on the pretext of not allowing Hock to play for another 'rival'.

"with immense regret at losing a player of Gareth's quality, who I believe is still a Wiganer at heart"

contradicts the negatives really which is odd.

The statement is political. Some would say contrived. Take it with a pinch of salt.
I don't think that one small comment about him being a Wiganer at heart is even the slightest bit if a toe hold on a road back to Wigan given the long and detailed criticism the preceded it.

As to it being a political statement you are right but its political for the fans in that IL has had to go out of his way to explain to the Wigan fans exactly why he has just got shut of one of our best players.

I said a loan deal would take a lot of explaining elsewhere on another thread on here or rlfans a while back and it has. IL has been forced into this demolishion of the player to justify the clubs actions.

Whatever Hock's side of this is, you can't argue that a loan deal to Widnes, Wigan retaining his registration and him not playing against us is about the most painless way to see Hock out of here and at another club.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Unfortunately Dave you know nothing about what actually happened. The statement is 'wallpaper' over cracks. Hock has gone BUT the cause of those cracks remains.