Last 150 Tickets Released

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
KOOCH

Re: Last 150 Tickets Released

Post by KOOCH »

I wish that I was able to go to the match but my job requires me to work each Good Friday.As as been the case for the past five years.The wife as strict instructions not to mention the result when I return from work as I will be sky+ing.Some times I hate my job but am grateful to be in employment.Hope you enjoy yourselves you lucky B**tard*. :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Ron Doran wrote:josie andrews - As a matter of interest what is the capacity for a sell out. 25000?
It's actually 25,138 increased from 25,004

Don't think we are allowed to fill every seat due to the usual Health & Safety criteria :exc:

Think the only time it actually reached capacity was the 25,004 vs St Helens , 25 March 2005, also Super League record crowd :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote:
Ron Doran wrote:josie andrews - As a matter of interest what is the capacity for a sell out. 25000?

Don't think we are allowed to fill every seat due to the usual Health & Safety criteria :exc:

Think the only time it actually reached capacity was the 25,004 vs St Helens , 25 March 2005, also Super League record crowd :)
Does Farley count? It was great to see Andy on TV and enjoying himself again. Congratulations to all who have made it possible. Rugby League is indeed the greatest game.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
josie andrews wrote:

Does Farley count? It was great to see Andy on TV and enjoying himself again. Congratulations to all who have made it possible. Rugby League is indeed the greatest game.
It is a credit to the club, despite H&S rules :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Sell out - great stuff. I wondered if we wouldn't make it this year.

Personally I'm guessing around 23,000+ for attendence - perhaps i'm becoming old enough to believe that health and safety will knock 2,000+ off the top attendence. Also the sky screen takes a fair block of seats. And ould they have left a gap between wigan and saints fans in the north stand?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I'm pasting Josie's announcement on Redvee!

Hehehehehehe!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

For anyone who missed it:

Hehehehehehe!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

The maximum attendance allowed is around 24,000 due to a 10% reduction in the North and South Stands due to unreserved seating.
BriH

Post by BriH »

josie andrews wrote:I managed to help a guy from Portsmouth who is in the Royal Navy to eventually get three tickets this morning. He'd been trying all week on the ticket line & E ticketing without success.

My good deed for Easter :)
Good for you Josie!
We live amongst HM Armed Forces here in Deutschland - 1st (UK) Armoured Division.
Our 2 neighbours are both Army and have been the best we have ever had: always willing to help us when we want it.
We will miss them when they go back to the UK.
BriH

Post by BriH »

josie andrews wrote:

I worked in H & S in the nuclear industry in many different areas over many years.
H & S has - unfortunately - been usurped since the original H&S at Work Act and often appears 'daft'. So I'm baffled why the seating is restricted by "H&S criteria".