How come....

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wes

Re: How come....

Post by Wes »

gillysmyhero wrote:Josie I was thinking that about the 12.15 KO, but does that extra 2hrs make such a difference to the state of the pitch.
No but they are the rules from the FA and the stadia is owned by Whelco not Wigan Warriors, did that extra 2 hours have a detrimental outcome on the day and the outcome, 23,800 tickets sold so I doubt it.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

29wes28 wrote:
gillysmyhero wrote:Josie I was thinking that about the 12.15 KO, but does that extra 2hrs make such a difference to the state of the pitch.
No but they are the rules from the FA and the stadia is owned by Whelco not Wigan Warriors, did that extra 2 hours have a detrimental outcome on the day and the outcome, 23,800 tickets sold so I doubt it.
You sure Wes? That was certainly the line we were fed when we had to play our home playoff at Widnes. But since then, I'm sure the FA have denied the 24 hour rule, merely confirming the pitch needs to be 'reasonably maintained'!
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Kitti I think your right the FA have said that their is no 24hr rule.Wes I wasn't implying it had any effect on the outcome or the attendence of the game.I was just asking the question wether us playing at 12.00 would have made that much difference to the pitch.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

gillysmyhero wrote:Kitti I think your right the FA have said that their is no 24hr rule.Wes I wasn't implying it had any effect on the outcome or the attendence of the game.I was just asking the question wether us playing at 12.00 would have made that much difference to the pitch.
Other than giving the groundsmen an extra 2 hours to cut the grass and paint new lines, it wouldn't have affected. State of the pitch at the end of our every season confirms which sport does most damage.

I think it all came down to Sky.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

I wonder if that 2hrs will make a difference when the play off come around and we have the annual problem of wether we can play our home games at home or not.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

gillysmyhero wrote:I wonder if that 2hrs will make a difference when the play off come around and we have the annual problem of wether we can play our home games at home or not.
No doubt 'Wigan's Number One Fan' will ensure we're OK!