How did they go?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Vaealikis Girl

Re: How did they go?

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

Antwigan posted:Why come onto a warriors website to ask such a question?
If i had come on a Wigan board specifically to ask how the opposing players had done then i could understand why there might be a problem but that is not the case. I have been posting on this board for a few months now, since Vaealiki signed with Wigan, and had been giving regular updates on him and other players from down here who were going over.

I asked that question here because for starters i was already on here checking out some of the other posts and secondly because i have found the majority of the people on this board are extremely friendly and are only too happy to answer my questions. I was asking as a fan of the guys from their playing days over here not as someone looking to rub in a loss.

You seem to be the only one who has taken any offence to the question. I don't really see the problem with wanting to get an opinion from a bunch of footy supporters who most of them probably went to the game rather than wanting to read something written by a reporter who found out who scored and decided to make up their own dribble.
Yeah I know about the wests game as highlights on sky, and also on the Internet. www.nrl.com all the games are on here.
Just thought i'd put up an update from someone who actually went to the game for those who like to follow the NRL. I know some of the posters in here like to keep a bit of an eye on Parra too. Nothing wrong with sharing a bit of info from across the globe.

Anyway thanks to anyone who replied and i hope i haven't offended anyone else. I apologise if i have.

Good luck to the boys for the game against Leigh too! :D
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Vaealikis Girl posted:
Anyway thanks to anyone who replied and i hope i haven't offended anyone else. I apologise if i have.
Don't be silly, you're a valid member of our international community. It's nice to have a head to the ground in Aus :D

How is everyone shaping over there. I know it's only just Round One but are there any teams that look better or worse than last year? Will the Doggies win it again do you think?
Welsh Warrior

Post by Welsh Warrior »

Antwigan posted:
Well, let me explain how the internet works. You having access to this site usually means u have a modem and computer. Good start. now type into google, well anything you like. Lets say on this occassion 'Rugby League, London Bronco's, Mark 'Fat' Tookey, Wigan v London' need I go on? Why come onto a warriors website to ask such a question? ...........I'm not bitter, angry or anything.......Yeah I know about the wests game as highlights on sky, and also on the Internet. www.nrl.com all the games are on here. Under multimedia. Bye
Have to agree with everyone who has replied to this post. You are bang out of order antwigan. [/quote]
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

robjoenz posted:
How is everyone shaping over there. I know it's only just Round One but are there any teams that look better or worse than last year? Will the Doggies win it again do you think?
It was a very interesting first round. Panthers and Warriors were very poor. Not sure if it just wasn't their days or what but even Joe Gulavao and Tony Puletua who are brilliant were dropping balls left, right and centre.

Souths gave an unexpected performance and up until half time they were leading the Roosters. Bit of a worry because my Eels have to play them this weekend :)

As for Dogs, they played alright but Dragons didn't really push them too much. Sonny Bill gave them quite a scare when he came off clutching at an ankle. They suspected he broke it at first but he's alright. I think the competition is pretty much anyone's game at the moment. There wasn't really one team who you could say was so good they'd win it.

But of course the Eels will win this year :wink:
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

im going to support parramata for vaealikis girl this year! How did mozza do against souths?
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

warrior till i die posted:
im going to support parramata for vaealikis girl this year! How did mozza do against souths?
I saw some of the game on sky - mozza crunched a couple of rabbitohs with tough tackles - they didn't look well at all.
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

warrior till i die posted:
Woo hoo! :D Good on ya!

I only actually saw sections of the first half of that game as it was played on the Saturday night and i'd just gotten home from the Eels game and was getting ready for a night out to celebrate the win :wink:
Wigan4Ever

Post by Wigan4Ever »

Can't believe any rugby league fan would talk to Vaeliki's Girl like that ... That's the sort of attitude that is rife in football, not RL. Rugby league fans have more respect for each other.

Hope it hasn't put you off VG, we want you in our community it is GREAT to have contributions from the other side of the globe where some great games are played.

So I'm going to cheer on the Eels from now on, but have to say I'm going to root for the Rabbitohs also, since Shaun McCrae is now at the helm there, and he has been such a great servant to our game here for so long. Wish we could have lured him to Wigan though!
Cherry and White Eyeballs
www.wiganstpats2oz.co.uk
southern warrrior

Post by southern warrrior »

well here in oz we dont get english ganes as quick as sky does in england we only got the wigan london game yesterday(friday) on fox sports, didnt think we played as bad as some people have said but didnt see many combinations between moran and brown as i would have liked. but here in oz we get every game played in the nrl on the tv so we all get to see the teams.if you saw the highlights on sky did you notice the ref in the eels game !!!!!!
well it was russel smith theres a turn up i could nt believe it when i heard his accent dont know whether he's over here full time of what !!!
most of the games last week were a bit patchy with a lot of drop ball but last nights game between doggies and the cowboys was a stormer with doggies being made to look very ordinary by a great cowboys outfit. score 24-12 looking forward to see billy slater again this week if he plays anything like last week he's a joy to watch.
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

Doug Stand posted:
right I'm not going to harp on about Brett Kenny, but there was Steve Ella, Vaelaki and isn't Denis Moran from there as well.
Yep everyone support Parra :D

Dennis Moran did play for us and was one of my favourites. There's many differing opinions on whether he was an asset to us or not but i thought he was very useful and a top bloke.

I'm sure you could come up with about 20 other players who had come from us as every other team seems to be full of them.