Rugby League World Cup 2013 - Kick Off Times

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Kaii

Re: Rugby League World Cup 2013 - Kick Off Times

Post by Kaii »

Got tickets for
Opening ceremony England vs Australia & Wales vs Italy
England vs Ireland
World cup final :D

Probably go the quarter final game at DW also
Aluaka

Post by Aluaka »

Kaii wrote:Got tickets for
England vs Ireland

They're exactly the same tickets as I have Kaii - plus I have already got quarter final at DW tickets, Semi final double hit Wembley tickets and the warm up match at Salford this Saturday! May as well make the best of it!
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Aluaka wrote:
Kaii wrote:Got tickets for
England vs Ireland

They're exactly the same tickets as I have Kaii - plus I have already got quarter final at DW tickets, Semi final double hit Wembley tickets and the warm up match at Salford this Saturday! May as well make the best of it!
I can't wait, getting tempted by the warm up match also
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

We have moved from Irlam to Boston, Lincolnshire, so I've booked tickets in the East Stand for the two matches at Craven Park, PNG v France and PNG v Samoa @ £15 for both games.
Hoping to do QF at DW and the final.
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Goin on Saturday for the friendlies going to Cardiff for opening ceremony then going to Warrington for the New Zealand v Samoa

Hopefully goin to St Helens, Leigh, Warrington again, DW ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
MT Smart

Post by MT Smart »

Anyone see the video of the Doncaster School kids performing the haka ?

Good on these kids from Doncaster for making the effort to Welcome the Kiwi's in the traditional way

The kiwi's were moved to respond in a rare spontaneous reply ( as is the tradition , however the NZ Sports teams save it for opponents / NZ school kids don't get the honor , they'd be doing the Haka all the time otherwise )

the video is a treat. Can't upload it lol
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

http://youtu.be/9mkvJnl2Nyo

This is the link :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
MT Smart

Post by MT Smart »

josie andrews wrote:http://youtu.be/9mkvJnl2Nyo

This is the link :)
That's the one.

It's been doing the rounds a bit down here , good promotion for the cup , bit of a heart warming story for this part of the world in the absence of any media coverage.
exiled

Post by exiled »

Just booked my tickets for the opening ceremony should have been £30 each got them for £15 using the SLGF code and I am in area U12 Row 24, 3 of us going down by car on Saturday morning from Anglesey :) :) :) :)
WiganShark

Post by WiganShark »

You sure those times are correct? read this and check again, from the official RL website...

"After turning down an offer from the New Zealand Rugby Union last month Sonny Bill Williams made a surprise turn out for the All Blacks this morning, according to the official rugby league World Cup website.

New Zealand opened their account of the tournament with an underwhelming 42-24 win over Samoa in Warrington but despite being defending champions and attracting 15,000 fans they still seem to fly under the radar in official league circles.

Throughout live updates on the tournament's official website the Kiwis were referred to as the All Blacks.

"The All Blacks look focused on the game as their anthem begins," the updates stated. Followed later by "Shaun Johnson puts in a kick to the corner for the All Blacks but it is easily dealt with by Vidot".

New Zealand Rugby League officially adopted Kiwis nickname in 1938 during a tour of Australia.

The Guardian website also got into the act, twice referencing the Kiwis as the All Blacks in their match report including the introduction which read 'The All Blacks and Sonny Bill Williams will be glad to see the back of Samoa and Warrington'.

The closest the All Blacks have ever played to Warrington is at Manchester's Old Trafford in 1997, around 30 kms up the road.

Kiwis coach Stephen Kearney was also referred to as the 'All Blacks coach'.

Actual All Blacks coach Steve Hansen, currently on a flight to Tokyo, was unavailable to comment on his sudden demotion following 10-straight victories."