Spider Cam

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: Spider Cam

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote:Spider cam was tommy tank, really liked the way Stuart Cummings put Wiggy and Stevo in their places a few times, Stevo didn';t like it and at one point i thought he was gonna see his arse :lol:
I thought it was good to have him there putting them right lol
But they eventually got to me & I switched off the sound & had radio commentary on instead.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

yokozuna wrote:The spidercam could have been good if used sparingly and if the operator understood the game.

Instead at times it felt like we were watching from another town, and the director shouldn't have gone to that camera as often, especially on the 5th tackle which meant we had no idea what was actually going on.
Was this the old style spidercam,(hanging from cables above the field) or was it a coptercam,as is currently being use at some NRL games ?
The coptercam is great !!
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields
KaylaRobbo

Post by KaylaRobbo »

Spider cam made me feel sick too but the ref cam made me even sicker. There's only so many times you can see Sir Sinfield's ugly mug up close before you feel the need to hurl!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I thought spidercam had great potential. Refcam apart from making the referees look ridiculous served no purpose IMO
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

medlocke wrote:Spider cam was tommy tank, really liked the way Stuart Cummings put Wiggy and Stevo in their places a few times, Stevo didn';t like it and at one point i thought he was gonna see his arse :lol:
Stevo's favourite phrase is 'that could have been a penalty' which he utters during every set. Having an expert saying 'Don't talk bollocks!!' totally upset his karma. Let's have a ref in for every game sez I! :lol:
markill

Post by markill »

I liked both, when used correctly. Sky wanted to highlight them as special additions to the coverage so I think they over used them somewhat - not sure if this improved by day 2 as I was at the games rather than watching TV, but from watching our game back they seemed to be used less. I think using them for replays was great, but cutting into live play to show a shot from them for doing so's sake wasn't as good
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

The main problem with the ref-cam was the resolution was pants - it needed to be twice as good to be of any benefit. It was interesting though to see how Sinfield tries to constantly negotiate with the ref.

'The first one , the knock on, that was fair enough, but this is getting silly. They're lying on all the time.'
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

weststand-rich wrote:The main problem with the ref-cam was the resolution was pants - it needed to be twice as good to be of any benefit. It was interesting though to see how Sinfield tries to constantly negotiate with the ref.

'The first one , the knock on, that was fair enough, but this is getting silly. They're lying on all the time.'
That's why Leeds enjoy so much undeserved success. Surely you don't think caveman still gets picked for his rugby ability!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Kittwazzer wrote:
weststand-rich wrote:The main problem with the ref-cam was the resolution was pants - it needed to be twice as good to be of any benefit. It was interesting though to see how Sinfield tries to constantly negotiate with the ref.

That's why Leeds enjoy so much undeserved success. Surely you don't think caveman still gets picked for his rugby ability!
But he's the Bestest player in the world :roll: