Re: Deja Vu

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The game plan is fundamentally flawed. If you want to go wide, you need to go forward before doing so. We are so predictable that teams are waiting for out lateral game. Worse, the players become fatigued and get injured more often / worse.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Blackpool_Pie wrote:I'm going to go against the grain and defend our lads.

I think some of you are being a little harsh. We had players who were just returning back from injury as well as key players missing. Micky Macc looked half fit to me, Dudson hasn't played much recently, Tuson a late call up despite being out injured, Green first game back in a long time. Then you have Sam, Lockers, Taylor, Mossop, Flower all out.
On the back on that, we wouldn't have had any match preparation time from Wire away which was a bruising encounter. I think the fact we had to call on Andy Powell summed up our problems tbh.
I won't be too downhearted about the defeat. Its how we react. We need to gather ourselves together and hit next sunday as hard as we can. We can't let this make our heads drop and as supporters, its up to us to get behind the lads. Crucial stage of the season now, getting towards the business end. Hopefully we can get our key players fit and firing, but in the mean time, we need to keep our support up for the lads. To hear booing at half time was appalling. We are spoilt brats some of us. Our support when we weren't a good side was better than what it was now we are a much better outfit. When Nobby was keeping us up, the support was outstanding. Why has it disappeared?
A quite reasoned post imo, Dejavu. A lot of what I was thinking. First home defeat of the season and the reaction is pear-shaped. Try playing in those conditions with 3 days in-between Wolves Away' and missing EIGHT regulars. Maybe we can all claim we were bullied, but hardly surprising with our pack missing all the above Props + Prescott. Would say we were down to the bare bones physically and in experience as well, which are still an important factors in any sport.

I predict, with players returning, and proper turnaround, it will be a more normal performance against Bradford.