A post I wasted. Thought I would share it with TRUE RL fans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Re: A post I wasted. Thought I would share it with TRUE...

Post by morley pie eater »

I'm baffled by the Madge v Wane tone of much of this thread. One statistic that seems to have been overlooked is the players - Madge was/is brilliant, his achievements at Souths are with the players he has there. Ditto at Wigan. The squad under Wane is weaker than it was for Madge. If Madge had stayed the stats for 2013 wouldn't have been the same.

What is this all about??
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

morley pie eater wrote:I'm baffled by the Madge v Wane tone of much of this thread. One statistic that seems to have been overlooked is the players - Madge was/is brilliant, his achievements at Souths are with the players he has there. Ditto at Wigan. The squad under Wane is weaker than it was for Madge. If Madge had stayed the stats for 2013 wouldn't have been the same.

What is this all about??
3 set of supporters exists

Madge fans
Wane fans
Wigan Fans.

You can tell by peoples obsession which camp they are in. As i said on RLfans only 1 statistic in Super League matters Trophies won.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

morley pie eater wrote:I'm baffled by the Madge v Wane tone of much of this thread. One statistic that seems to have been overlooked is the players - Madge was/is brilliant, his achievements at Souths are with the players he has there. Ditto at Wigan. The squad under Wane is weaker than it was for Madge. If Madge had stayed the stats for 2013 wouldn't have been the same.

What is this all about??
Is it not inevitable Morley that you compare the progress a teams makes or does not make from one coach to another?

You mentioned the playing squad but forget that SL is also much weaker under Wane than it was for Madge. Why do you think our squad is weaker under Wane than it was for Madge?
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

God wrote:Welly Warrior... Your obsession with CP and Dave O is starting to get quite unhealthy, im not sure what your purpose on this forum is other than trolling these two posters and in light of what has happened to Cp the mods have a right to give you a little bit of a break from this forum.

Every thred is hijacked by your bile towards these two posters with hardly any Wigan Warriors matters talked about or general rugby league knowledge debated. Instead it seems like personal attack after attack. I know full well why Cp has posted this thread, it doesn't take the brains of a rocket scientist to work it out.

Maybe the mods can give WW abit of a break it may do the forum some good.

Its a rugby forum for RUGBY MATTERS, if CPs comments hurt the club and coach in any way we wouldn't be top of the league and in the Challenge cup. He talks genuine and debates healthy where as you don't. This particular thread is what I call defiance in the face of bully's and I applaud it.

Back on track.... Who listened to the Wane interview after the game, if it wasn't a dig at Madge I don't know what is he needs to win a grand final and a Challenge Cup to justify his comments IMO. We wait in hope.

Nowhere near as bad as their and other's obsession about Sean Wane being the Coach and Lenaghan being the Chairman.

And before you accuse me of being a bully, take a look at the number of supporters who have come on this website and then disappeared when they have been shot down for saying anything which is not in line with the same small handful who dominate it.

By the way, I also made a contribution in support of cpwigan over the abuse matter

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

So you need to argue against the points they make and why their point of view is wrong rather than making points about their motivations and personalities.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If anybody has not yet seen it, try to watch the opening half of Origin 2. IMO, Queensland (I always lean to NSW because of Kenny and Fergusson) played the perfect game of modern RL in a game they had to win and against top quality opposition.

Queenslands game plan was very different than Wigan's 2013
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

cpwigan wrote:If anybody has not yet seen it, try to watch the opening half of Origin 2. IMO, Queensland (I always lean to NSW because of Kenny and Fergusson) played the perfect game of modern RL in a game they had to win and against top quality opposition.

Queenslands game plan was very different than Wigan's 2013
But your game plan must vary according to the oppositions specific threats. Both NSW and Maroons are effectively international quality sides with threats from every position that can materialise at any point in the entire game, and they have international quality players defending against any of those threats. Wigan don't face or possess that at all at any time during a season. You have to work with what you have and what you are faced with.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Have you mentioned that to Wigan in 2013 and most SL teams to be honest as they okay exactly the same way whomever they play no matter what they say.

I used to believe as you say changing the game plan according to the opposition etc; still do to so extent BUT the core of a game plan is consistent and IMO the way Queensland approached Game 2 is the optimum way to play RL in this day and age, reasonably close to Wigan under Madge and as far away as possible from Wigan under Wane.

michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

cpwigan wrote:Have you mentioned that to Wigan in 2013 and most SL teams to be honest as they okay exactly the same way whomever they play no matter what they say.

I used to believe as you say changing the game plan according to the opposition etc; still do to so extent BUT the core of a game plan is consistent and IMO the way Queensland approached Game 2 is the optimum way to play RL in this day and age, reasonably close to Wigan under Madge and as far away as possible from Wigan under Wane.
would you say Queenslands game plan in Origin1 was the same as they used in Origin2 but were just not allowed to utilise it?
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

Hiya all!! I am.new to the site , i.hope you will welcome me with open arms haha!! I respect everybodies opinions but i cannot get my head round why people criticise Wane, last year we won the league ( which in my opinion is the best trophy, forget about the money), we came up just short in the cup and in the money making knockout competition afterwards, This year we are top of the league and into the quarter finals of the cup so in my opinion i find it very hard to find anything to criticise Wane on