Sam Tomkins - ill??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: Sam Tomkins - ill??

Post by Kittwazzer »

God wrote:
Anybody thought Wane could have dropped Tomkins as a discipline issue rather than actual illness or injury? or an I thinking way too deep?
I don't think you are!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Not like you God. Your post above sounds like pure speculation and personal prejudice. If you were a normal poster without contacts this would be fine, but because your posts are usually well informed people are going to think this is based in fact. I don't think you are saying it is.

I don't agree with Sam being rested (if he is being), but I can't see how you can assume things about his character from this without people who know him telling you things about his character. Thats not fair on the guy.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

Paul Penflebury posted the photo, the ex Wigan academy player now with the amateur game, so all the rest on here is utter rubbish
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

RobWigan wrote:Paul Penflebury posted the photo, the ex Wigan academy player now with the amateur game, so all the rest on here is utter rubbish
Sorry, have I missed something? What photo??
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:
RobWigan wrote:Paul Penflebury posted the photo, the ex Wigan academy player now with the amateur game, so all the rest on here is utter rubbish
Sorry, have I missed something? What photo??
I think he's talking about the Josh tweet!
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

In a certain state of excitement! :eh:

Back to Sam - I admit the "in" one week "out" the next is NOT good for team preparation nor help with putting out a settled team. He either does have a serious injury and is being nursed through the season or is picking and choosing his games. Which is it as this is almost farcical now?
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

Yes Kitwazzer and Josie i am talking about the picture :)
markill

Post by markill »

Sam most definitely hasn't played less than he has played this season. I have no idea why he was left out last night but it's unfair to speculate about his character. I don't get the impression that he has asked to be left out of games and he has played in the games we've HAD TO WIN. And when he does play can anyone question his commitment on the field? Did you see him jumping around in the early parts of the semi whenever we did something good? If you're suggesting he can't be bothered playing then you'd think that would show when he does play. It doesn't show.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

I will tell you that Sam would like to play. What is happening is that we want to be ready and peak in the play offs. If you look carefully you can see players not being played , this has been going on a while. I agree with what Wigan are doing, you will see the team lift in the play offs. I totally agree with Wayne. Good tactics in my opinion. Leeds have been doing this the last couple of years and even Snake Helens are up to these trick also.

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wigan Watcher wrote:I will tell you that Sam would like to play. What is happening is that we want to be ready and peak in the play offs. If you look carefully you can see players not being played , this has been going on a while. I agree with what Wigan are doing, you will see the team lift in the play offs. I totally agree with Wayne. Good tactics in my opinion. Leeds have been doing this the last couple of years and even Snake Helens are up to these trick also.
I can see the total logic in this and I really hope it all works out as planned. My big concern is that all this chopping and changing has stalled our excellent momentum. Our halfback pairing aren't a patch on where they were at the beginning of the season.

Time will tell!