Hudds fans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Hudds fans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Sgt. Bash wrote:The difference between Wigan and Huddersfield is that Wigan is a Rugby town that also has a Football team and Huddersfield is a Football town that also has a Rugby team.

Pity really since Huddersfield is "the birth place of Rugby League"
No, it is not a football town with a rugby team. Huddersfield has always a Rugby Town as much as it has been a football town.

For some reason, in spite of having the best team since the seventies when they used to bring a lot of supporters to Central Park, they now seem to have a problem in attracting supporters, especially younger ones. All gone downhill for them since the move from Fartown which had one of the best uncovered viewing stands in the game and always had a great atmosphere.

Perhaps in order to promote the club more, they need a good marketing team like we have at Wigan.
Spot on W.W Hudds always been a rugby town. Fartown great atmospere and good for veiwing as you say but bl**dy cold.As for marketing at Hudds not sure if this is bad didn't they give tickets away last season and still got a poor crowd?.Just think changing culture with youth.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/rugby-l ... rt-5669804

Hudd have stated 2K tickets already sold.

The weird bit the article talks about the North Stand which should be fun with so many Wiganers in there too.
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

cpwigan wrote:http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/rugby-l ... rt-5669804

The weird bit the article talks about the North Stand which should be fun with so many Wiganers in there too.
There will be beans and soups flying everywhere. :lol: :lol:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

up the junction wrote:
cpwigan wrote:http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/rugby-l ... rt-5669804

There will be beans and soups flying everywhere. :lol: :lol:
And only one lav!
Sgt. Bash

Post by Sgt. Bash »

Whelley Warrior wrote:No, it is not a football town with a rugby team. Huddersfield has always a Rugby Town as much as it has been a football town.
That may have been true once upon a time... Nowadays though, the people of Huddersfield get behind their footy club in large numbers and just don't seem to bother with their RL club. Why? I don't know, because they should be attracting back the stay away glory fans by now. Maybe if they beat us on Friday? :conf:
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Sgt. Bash wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:No, it is not a football town with a rugby team. Huddersfield has always a Rugby Town as much as it has been a football town.
That may have been true once upon a time... Nowadays though, the people of Huddersfield get behind their footy club in large numbers and just don't seem to bother with their RL club. Why? I don't know, because they should be attracting back the stay away glory fans by now. Maybe if they beat us on Friday? :conf:
I think it will take ages to get support back, mainly due to the total lack of success over the last 40 or 50 years, when I think at one stage they were almost extinct and playing in the 3rd Division.

They have no young fans in any quantity as a consequence - decades of failure left this legacy, no matter how great they were in the halcyon days of Wagstaffe & Cooper. No one remembers.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

A sleeping giant, perhaps?
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Whelley Warrior wrote:A sleeping giant, perhaps?
:lol: :lol:
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

I understand that Hudds fans are in the North stand but quite a lot will be in the East Stand as they take advantage of the group on offer.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

I remember in 2010 when Sam scored that try from dummy half against Huddersfield and celebrated with 2 ball boys that were in the away stand cause no one else was there, I saw it on telly and just remember Hemmings screaming "Look at this boy go!"
Up The Mont!