Matty Bowen

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TonyH

Re: Matty Bowen

Post by TonyH »

Unless it's Inglis, Slater or Barber it's pointless signing a full back because they won't be in the same class as Sam and will get compared to him constantly. Hampshire/Tierney have a fair chance because they're young as Sam was so they are the better option. As good a player as Bowen was we should not be signing him.
Up The Mont!
Brad5926

Post by Brad5926 »

Well we need somebody because Tierney isn't ready and for me we still need to eventually get Hampshire at 6 and not FB as he is a much better SO
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Brad5926 wrote:Well we need somebody because Tierney isn't ready and for me we still need to eventually get Hampshire at 6 and not FB as he is a much better SO
Agree with what you say about the young players but if all we can get is a player who ideally would stay at his current club and only comes because he was released because his knees are shot we should stay well away.
Brad5926

Post by Brad5926 »

I've been a massive fan of Bowen since first discovering the NRL so I would love him down here but knowing about his knee's is worrying.

Maybe the rumour of Minichello coming would be a safer bet for the sake of his overall fitness
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Minichello isn't coming. He is saying in oz.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Why don't we see if we can prise Eastmond back from RU? I think he would be sensational.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Why don't we see if we can prise Eastmond back from RU? I think he would be sensational.
No
Garry Riley

Post by Garry Riley »

Hasn't Eastmond just got himself into the elite squad with England. If that's the case why would he come back to RL, as he would be achieving what he set out to do?
Sound & Vision - TV Audio Video - Sales - Service
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

East Stand Faithful wrote:Minichello isn't coming. He is saying in oz.
Maybe, but I prefer the rumour about him than Bowen. If it was up to me, I'd prefer a Greg Inglis rumour! :lol:
Garry Riley

Post by Garry Riley »

It's definitely Slater who's coming :eusa8:
Sound & Vision - TV Audio Video - Sales - Service