Wigan v Catalans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Wigan v Catalans

Post by ancientnloyal »

Bag of turd! 1000 fans let down today no plan B thornley was dire in fact all were bar flower and charnley.
Bored sitting watching that. Next 2 days here will be a drag
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

DaveO wrote:
butt monkey wrote:Not seen form this bad since the team got John Dorahy sacked as head coach years ago.
Well in my view the same should happen to Wane next week as happened to Dorahay back then.

(For those who don't know we won the cup and he was still sacked. Supposedly on the coach on the way back from Wembley).
A defeat in the Cup next week and I'm sure the conspiracy theorists will have a field day and speculation will be that it will be Hock at Wigan next season and not Wane
Given the choice who would you prefer to be here next season, Wane or Hock?
This is probably the worst post i have ever seen, You want to sack a manager that as led us to the cup final , what would you say if we won the grand final as well?? Theres not a cat in hells chance he is going to be sacked , ridicolous
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

RobWigan wrote:
DaveO wrote:
butt monkey wrote:Not seen form this bad since the team got John Dorahy sacked as head coach years ago.
Well in my view the same should happen to Wane next week as happened to Dorahay back then.

(For those who don't know we won the cup and he was still sacked. Supposedly on the coach on the way back from Wembley).
A defeat in the Cup next week and I'm sure the conspiracy theorists will have a field day and speculation will be that it will be Hock at Wigan next season and not Wane
This is probably the worst post i have ever seen, You want to sack a manager that as led us to the cup final , what would you say if we won the grand final as well?? Theres not a cat in hells chance he is going to be sacked , ridicolous
Not a cat in hells chance we will get to the GF and the CC final is now a 50/50 game. What would you say if we lost to Hull on Saturday and then lost both games in the play offs.

Would you want Wane to stay or sacked. As there is more chance of that happening than the team winning the CC and making the GF.
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

We will beat Hull, i am very confident of that
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

Why can we not get to the grand final?? The last few games are meaningless , we will finish 4th, so what?? Huddersfield away first game will be fine for me
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

RobWigan wrote:
DaveO wrote:

Dorahay was sacked for not only leading us to a CC final but leading us to final we won. We also won the league that year as well.

Was his sacking ridiculous? I would like an answer to this specific question please.

FWIW I don't think Wane will be sacked either, win or lose. IL is too much of a political animal for that. He does not sack coaches. He lets their contracts expire.

And win or lose at Wembley (and/or the GF) that still won't convince me Wane is up for the job.

I think we may win v Hull. They are not Hudds, Wire or Leeds. If we do it will be despite Wane not because of him. That is my opinion based on watching Wigan coached by him over the best part of the last two seasons.
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

Im.not having a go mate, but i just cannot understand why people are so negative towards Shaun Wane, last year we was extremely unlucky not to be in both finals, he is a passionate wiganer who as led us to some great wins against St Helens.

This season we have been brilliant all season and made the cup final, ok people will say against lesser opposition, but teams that can beat Leeds and Wire this week must have some quality, we are going to be in the top 4 in the league, personally i want 4th to play Huddersfield, then more than likely we will probably play a weak St Helens team for a place in the grand final, personally it looks like a good season to me.

There are good and bad points to any season.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

RobWigan wrote:Im.not having a go mate, but i just cannot understand why people are so negative towards Shaun Wane, last year we was extremely unlucky not to be in both finals, he is a passionate wiganer who as led us to some great wins against St Helens.
What has being a passionate Wiganer go to do with success at Wigan as a coach?
This season we have been brilliant all season and made the cup final, ok people will say against lesser opposition,...
That is the key. We are flat track bullies. Score a shed load against crap teams and can't do it against better sides.

The fact Widnes beat Wire this week does not mean because we beat Wides we are better than Wire.
There are good and bad points to any season.
There are. And anyone expecting a 100% records is naive but this is not about that.

RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

But your post sounds like unless Wane wins everything, his team plays perfect rugby, only then this would be good enough??

I would rather have a passionate Wiganer than a Aussie putting his name forward for a NRL job, i really think he is doing a good job
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Deano46 wrote:Disgusting performance, I'd make them all swim back to England on Li-Lo's!

And open the stopper thingy first.. :wink: