Re: Can we make the Grand final?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
RobWigan

Post by RobWigan »

Leeds are very beatable, st helens should of won if the ball had gone to Lomax
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Without a doubt we can win GF.There is something about the atmosphere in the warriors that has changed in the last few weeks.The vibes coming out is that The players seem to be singing from the same sheet for the first time in a few months.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Aluaka wrote:Yes we CAN make it to the Grand Final ..... Whether we WILL or not is another matter!

It's going to be a very tough game against Rhinos in my opinion, and I doubt the week off will have given the Wigan lads an advantage.

Support from the crowd will be key, as will effort to match that shown in the Huddersfield game from the very first kick of the ball.

I am really 50/50 on this - I have my final tickets anyway (luckily in the East End!) and would love to see Wigan there at Old Trafford ...... I'll just have to shout them on that little bit louder!

It's going to be a tough (and hopefully very enjoyable) match on Friday!
I agree totally.

It may be wishful thinking, but I thought there were times when Leeds (v Saints) and Wire (v Hud) looked tired, despite Wire having a week off. Could it be that all the resting/injuries mean that we will be fresher? If so, it would also disprove the doom-mongers fears/judgement that Wane had it all wrong!

Accepting that this is just conjecture on my part, I'd go for 51/49 that we win.

Come on, lads: do it for Moose, for Pat, for Sam - and most of all dedicate the win at Old Trafford as a "get well" to Billy Boston!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

morley pie eater wrote:
Aluaka wrote:Yes we CAN make it to the Grand Final ..... Whether we WILL or not is another matter!

It's going to be a very tough game against Rhinos in my opinion, and I doubt the week off will have given the Wigan lads an advantage.

Support from the crowd will be key, as will effort to match that shown in the Huddersfield game from the very first kick of the ball.

I am really 50/50 on this - I have my final tickets anyway (luckily in the East End!) and would love to see Wigan there at Old Trafford ...... I'll just have to shout them on that little bit louder!

I agree totally.

It may be wishful thinking, but I thought there were times when Leeds (v Saints) and Wire (v Hud) looked tired, despite Wire having a week off. Could it be that all the resting/injuries mean that we will be fresher? If so, it would also disprove the doom-mongers fears/judgement that Wane had it all wrong!

Accepting that this is just conjecture on my part, I'd go for 51/49 that we win.

Come on, lads: do it for Moose, for Pat, for Sam - and most of all dedicate the win at Old Trafford as a "get well" to Billy Boston!
What about Chris Tuson? :conf:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

josie andrews wrote:
morley pie eater wrote:

I agree totally.

What about Chris Tuson? :conf:
Not gone yet Josie I think there may be a twist to Tuson story. You not heard anything.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Too close to call in my view. Leeds at full strength have the edge as far as I am concerned as they have more potential match winners. However, if JJB, Delaney and Maguire are not fully fit then the advantage passes to Wigan, especially given that we are at home.

Our fowards hold the key to this game, if we can better the opposition six then I feel we will be victorious. In reality, it will probably come down to a bounce of the ball or refereeing decision!

Given the dislike both teams have for each other then we should be in for one hell of a tustle.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
Not gone yet Josie I think there may be a twist to Tuson story. You not heard anything.
Not yet, but I hope there is still a chance he may stay :eusa10:

I've said before, I don't ask, I just wait to be told :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Anyroadup. To answer the original question.

A resounding yes! :lol:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

:blush: