Andy Farrell's loyalties

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
devon jim 1

Re: Andy Farrell's loyalties

Post by devon jim 1 »

Wigan Watcher wrote:I would not want Farrell anywhere near Wigan again. Full stop!
I agree and also lump in Edwards,Lydon and Robinson who is now on a campaign to get more schools playing Union. Edwards I believe was sponsored by this club to be mentored by Wayne Bennet at Brisbane. Obviously our club did this so he could be a sucessful coach in Union :lol: :lol: I understand he recently paid the sum back... out of embaressment I speculate.Robinsons'son now with Wigan will no doubt move to union once he has learned how to run,catch and pass a ball accurately cos he wont get expert training in what is still an 'amatuer' game or more accurately a sick joke of a game Ashton,J Tomkins, et al have demonstrated they have no pride. Yes,I know they went for money in Robinsons case 30 pieces of silver but for what the RFU have tried to do to our game in the past and to a cerain extent still do I have no truck with them. They were all well paid at Wigan for their efforts but they give nothing back to our game now.Here endeth my rant :)
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

Markhill stick to statistics Loyalty is more than a romantic notion.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Matthew wrote:His loyalty is to his current employer - who he wants to be as successful as possible. Just because he doesn't speak to Sam, do you think other union clubs will do the same? Do you think Edwards would refuse to recruit Wigan players?

Farrell was a legend for Wigan - while he was employed by the club. He isn't anymore and regardless of who he may support; he is always going to put his family first by doing the best he can for his employer.
Totally agree :exc:
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

CP you know I respect your opinions,yours also Matt But Loyalty to his presant employers does not excuse his apparent dis-loyalty to his former employer and dare I say mentor. His present loyalty is irrevelent to his alleged disloyalty to his former club.He could look elsewhere for talent or better still find new talent in Union :lol: :lol:
markill

Post by markill »

devon jim 1 wrote:Markhill stick to statistics Loyalty is more than a romantic notion.
No h in the middle of my username jim.

My opinion is that he doesn't owe Wigan any special treatment now that he is in union and has a job to do - although I share your regard for union as a game/institution I think, I don't share your feelings about the code-crossing individuals themselves.

Do you feel the same way about Dean Bell by the way? Who is ultimately the one who took Sam away from the club don't forget, not Farrell, Farrell didn't get him.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Farrell did not only go to RU for himself, but to take his son.

Went down a lot in my estimation because of that fact.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

The point about Dean Bell is a good one. I hadn't thought of that. For me, there is a massive difference between joining another league club, and leaving our game. I want my children to grow up watching Wigan play wonderful rugby with wonderful players, and to do that we need the wider game to be as strong as it can be. So, it's far far better for him to play for New Zealand's Warriors than a union team. If you don't agree with the starting point, then you won't agree with my conclusion. Thought provoking point, though.
markill

Post by markill »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:The point about Dean Bell is a good one. I hadn't thought of that. For me, there is a massive difference between joining another league club, and leaving our game. I want my children to grow up watching Wigan play wonderful rugby with wonderful players, and to do that we need the wider game to be as strong as it can be. So, it's far far better for him to play for New Zealand's Warriors than a union team. If you don't agree with the starting point, then you won't agree with my conclusion. Thought provoking point, though.
I agree with your stating point - keep players in league. But I still think loyalty is relative. Dean Bell is judged differently because he is not from Wigan and he is still in league. I appreciate that these are notable factors, but its unfair to hold different standards over what is essentially the same outcome - a club legend had talks with a club superstar with the aim of taking him away from the club.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

Sorry about mis-spelling your user name Mark.Can't blame it on \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\dyslexia;I'm not Dyslexic,just can't spell. Ref.Dean Bell;Ithink this was answered by previous poster.(exiled warrior) For me thre is a big differance between Bell and Farrell.We'll have to agree to disagree.p.s I do have a tendancy to go OTT when Union is invoved in the dialogue. :)
bobbyb

Post by bobbyb »

i thought rads took a pay off to stay.