Andy Powell finished at Wigan

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
cpwigan

Re: Andy Powell finished at Wigan

Post by cpwigan »

Cherry I was talking about Joel when he first broke into the 1st team during the ill fated Millward era. If you ask Hoff (obviously you cannot) but Melbourne had a limited offload policy. Wigan did under Madge and still do under Wane.

Offloading is an incredibly difficult skill to execute.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Sport Rugby League Wigan Warriors RLFC
By Neil Barker
Wigan flop Powell considering return to Union
6 Dec 2013 11:20

Tells me everything I need to know about the article
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Not sure whether this has been confirmed, but he has been given a squad number. I don't mind either way. Could be useful, may never step up. Given the rest of the squad it was and is an interesting experiment.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:Not sure whether this has been confirmed, but he has been given a squad number.
So was H. Clearly means nothing.
I don't mind either way. Could be useful, may never step up. Given the rest of the squad it was and is an interesting experiment.
Given his age, it is IMO a total waste of time and the various coaches efforts would be better spent in getting Bateman and Hopkins up to speed than spending it on a player with such a limited shelf life.

Powell has a very short future in RL and given, unlike say an experienced older RL prop who wouldn't need an education in the game, he is going to take a lot of coaching to get anything out of him the club should just admit the mistake and move on.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

DaveO wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:Not sure whether this has been confirmed, but he has been given a squad number.
I don't mind either way. Could be useful, may never step up. Given the rest of the squad it was and is an interesting experiment.
Given his age, it is IMO a total waste of time and the various coaches efforts would be better spent in getting Bateman and Hopkins up to speed than spending it on a player with such a limited shelf life.

Powell has a very short future in RL and given, unlike say an experienced older RL prop who wouldn't need an education in the game, he is going to take a lot of coaching to get anything out of him the club should just admit the mistake and move on.
You can never blame anyone for wanting to have a go!
chris1234

Post by chris1234 »

Had an update from the same source who told me about Powell being finished in the first place.....

Apparently its a combination of a few things, Powell's recent operation hasn't gone fully to plan and hes still struggling with the problem, in turn apparently he hasn't taken this very well and is having a few 'Personal' issues due to this. The guy is apparently a mad man, got married and within 3 weeks his wife moved out, hes really Really into his gambling,but theres a few darker issues which i cant really say on here what the issues are but the club or any sporting institution will not tolerate under any circumstances whats going on.

All in all what i have been told is that Powell really wanted to play for Wales in the RL world cup to be able to say he was a code cracker who was a dual international, but obviously injury has prevented this. He is a real character who comes with a lot of baggage, some of the tales that ive been told are unreal, but the final outcome was that his struggle to recover fully from his injury, his extremely wild and unpredictable tendencies, and completely unacceptable behaviour which other players have been moved on for in the past are going to ultimately cost him his Wigan career.

This is what ive been told.

Please excuse any mistakes, its Xmas eve and im a little bit merry...
:roll: :roll:
RichardMathers @ MichaelJones86: don't bother coming then u nerd... or how's about u introduce yourself to me face to face you keyboard warrior?

MichaelJones86 @ RichardMathers: you would probably drop me, you drop everything else. Can't wait for Brett hodgson. Bellend
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
DaveO wrote:

I am sure plenty of people would like a "go". It's up the the club to work out if they are worth giving them a go.

The club screwed up on this one in that regard. Not worth the effort.

Is the fact the club screwed up on this one so hard to admit that you have to write the above?
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

DaveO wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
DaveO wrote: So was H. Clearly means nothing.

I am sure plenty of people would like a "go". It's up the the club to work out if they are worth giving them a go.

The club screwed up on this one in that regard. Not worth the effort.

Is the fact the club screwed up on this one so hard to admit that you have to write the above?
Sorry, I forgot their are some who never screw up!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Oh, the irony! :lol: