Do we need another prop for next season?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Do we need another prop for next season?

Post by Panchitta Marra »

East Stand Faithful wrote:Oh yes we do!
He's behind you, oh no he isn't.
:lol1:
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

mickw wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: Flower can be our Craig Smith - Terry O'Connor style prop. He is rough and makes very few errors ball in hand and he makes yards. What we will miss is an X factor style forward, we seem to have a lot of trundle buses who will make yards but we are missing a Hock/Hansen player who hits the gap rather than the man. Farrell can be that player but is easily bullied by bigger packs
we didn,t miss hock last season and is that a different Hanson who hits the gap,because the one we,ve had was not exactly known for his barnstorming runs in fact I would call him a trundle bus.
Hansen was much more than that, he always ran very good lines which put him on the shoulder of his defender he very very rarely ran straight at the man ala westwood style second row. The main strong point to Hansens games was the lines he ran
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

I think we should sign santa as a prop!!!

Think he is a big guy, Lighting Quick (he gets round the world in one night) and he already wears red and white.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I shall ask again, who was the Aussie prop who was a goal kicker during the early-mid 90's, for some reason i keep thinking of Glenn Lazarus but don't think it was him
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wiggydoran wrote:I think we should sign santa as a prop!!!

Think he is a big guy, Lighting Quick (he gets round the world in one night) and he already wears red and white.
We wear Cherry & White :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jobo

Post by jobo »

medlocke wrote:I shall ask again, who was the Aussie prop who was a goal kicker during the early-mid 90's, for some reason i keep thinking of Glenn Lazarus but don't think it was him
Can't think of any Aussie prop being a goal kicker. Martin Ketteridge was Castlefords goal kicker when they smashed us in the Regal Trophy final.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

jobo wrote:
medlocke wrote:I shall ask again, who was the Aussie prop who was a goal kicker during the early-mid 90's, for some reason i keep thinking of Glenn Lazarus but don't think it was him
Can't think of any Aussie prop being a goal kicker. Martin Ketteridge was Castlefords goal kicker when they smashed us in the Regal Trophy final.
he may of been a second rower
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Craig Fitzgibbon sure he kicked second row or loose ??
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Les Boyd used to use his feet on occasion.
Lee Crooks was a goal kicking prop.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

it wasn't any of those