Clarkey Tips Salford

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Aaron C. Rescue

Re: Clarkey Tips Salford

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

cpwigan wrote:
Aaron C. Rescue wrote:Cant see them winning it, not with Noble in charge.
I know Noble has limitations, particularly IMO his reliance on the individual brilliance of individual players to construct his attacking game BUT he has started to build a team with that trait at Salford as he did at the Bulls and it worked ok there.

Players like Smith/Chase/Hock & Gleeson can create & score tries down to their solo attacking talent. For me the question is can Noble get his team conditioned tight and to defend as a team. If he can then Salford will be there or thereabouts IMO.

If Noble had to develop youngsters to create a winning team then IMO he would invariably fail. Likewise, if he had to create points through team plays rather than individual brilliance he would invariably fail.

I agree re Clarkey. His call is monumental and suggests something strong in his tea. I can actually see Salford developing into a Wire whereby they destroy teams at various points in the season but it can go pear shaped on the big occasion.

IMO Noble is 'yesterdays man', his coaching methods and tactics have been left behind.
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

This is the same Clarky that has tipped Hull, Catalan and Wire to win GFs in recent years, looks like hes wrong again
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The Dr is seemingly buying Swinton!
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

old hooker wrote:This is the same Clarky that has tipped Hull, Catalan and Wire to win GFs in recent years, looks like hes wrong again
I agree, but he works for Sky and his job is to talk up any team outside of the big 4 or 5 to generate interest- seemple!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
El Bobbers

Post by El Bobbers »

morley pie eater wrote:
old hooker wrote:This is the same Clarky that has tipped Hull, Catalan and Wire to win GFs in recent years, looks like hes wrong again
I agree, but he works for Sky and his job is to talk up any team outside of the big 4 or 5 to generate interest- seemple!
I like this comment from Clarke.
If the Reds have the right players, with enough discipline and desire, I think that they can walk it to the Grand Final this year and return over the Manchester Ship Canal with that big, shiny, silver trophy on a Saturday night in October.
I'm sure that if London have the right players, with enough discipline and desire might do the same just as every other SL club might.

Personally I don't think the Salford squad will be deep enough. They have certainly signed some decent players but many are inconsistant and lack the discipline Clarke refers to. Others are ageing and I worry the drop off in talent should anybody get injured will be too much this year.

Having said that they could go well in the cup but over a full season I am not so sure. We have seen here at Wigan that injuries can quickly add up, that is when Salford will struggle IMO.

Do the trees feel cold when the wind blows?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Salford beat Leigh tonight 26-16, very wet conditions.