Wish FM Commentary

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Wish FM Commentary

Post by josie andrews »

OJ wrote:We couldn't go last night so tuned in to listen to the match on radio while watching Saints v Leeds on tv, I started off listening to commentary on GMR as I thought WISH FM were covering the Saints game, Jack Dearden is painful to listen to with his constant repetition of "BBC radio Manchester" and "to be perfectly honest with you" :slee: to say nothing of talking broken biscuits more often than not so after half time I tried Wish FM again and hallelujah there was Bilko and pal, telling it like it is, he is always honest in his comments so makes a very creditable summariser just as his match reports on rlfans always give an accurate and un-biased assessment of what went on in a game. Keep up the good work Bilko you're doing a great job :eusa2:
:eusa2: :eusa2:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
BriH

Post by BriH »

mickw wrote:Bilko,s deadpan crushingly boring style is only suited to tinpot radio stations,someone put a rocket up him for Christ sake.
They,d be switching off in their thousands on sky.
Rubbish. :angry:
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

mickw wrote:I don't listen very often as I go to the games
but the odd commentary I've heard I'm looking for a bit of enthusiasm and excitement after all you want listeners and the club need bums on seats.
Well I'm not the commentator. I see it as the commentators job to express excitement and my role as summariser is to calmly dissect what I've just witnessed. The excitement is generally gone by the time I speak.

Anyway this is how we called the winner yesterday - http://mm.gmstatic.net.s3.amazonaws.com/81/557510.mp3
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Bilko wrote:
but the odd commentary I've heard I'm looking for a bit of enthusiasm and excitement after all you want listeners and the club need bums on seats.
Well I'm not the commentator. I see it as the commentators job to express excitement and my role as summariser is to calmly dissect what I've just witnessed. The excitement is generally gone by the time I speak.

Anyway this is how we called the winner yesterday - http://mm.gmstatic.net.s3.amazonaws.com/81/557510.mp3
Fixed your link - Josie :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Heard Bilko a few times and v wire turned the muppets down on the telly and listened to him and Joe. I suspect I won't have been alone in this!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Some can not make every game something to do with finishing work at 6pm on ocasions and there is no chance i can drive approx 95 miles in under 2 hours. Commentary is good and its honest and they talk about what they see on the pitch.

How often do you get commentators that reminisce about crap that happen weeks or even years ago. Bet you love the SKY team on RL then as they are full of enthusiasm especially when we lose.
magsrads

Post by magsrads »

As I can't get to games anymore as there's 12000 miles between me and the DW (and I haven't yet won lotto or inherited a TARDIS) I am an avid listener to the games via WISH fm .... for me Bilko and Joe are what I want in a commentator with humour, emotion and knowledge, I feel right there on the terraces with them!

If you don't like them then you can always stick with the gruesome twosome - each to his own!

I'm sticking with Joe and Bilko! :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

magsrads wrote: I am an avid listener to the games via WISH fm .... for me Bilko and Joe are what I want in a commentator with humour, emotion and knowledge, I feel right there on the terraces with them!

If you don't like them then you can always stick with the gruesome twosome - each to his own!

I'm sticking with Joe and Bilko! :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:
I can not get to many games now living in south Lincolnshire and totally agree with above comments
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Lest people forget it is not Bilko commentating as such. Joe is the commentator and Bilko adds his view as and when. They do a decent job IMO and are far better for trying to not add humour which is not their forte. The comments about a TJ a couple of matches ago IIRC illustrates the point. I rarely find a bad radio commentator personally.