Vaelaeki OUT

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

Re: Vaelaeki OUT

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Hayley 04,
The point is that it gives us all something to discuss!! As has been pointed out to you by others, if everyone either sat back and questioned nothing, or had exactly the same opinions as you (or me) this board would be irrelevant.
I certainly don't think it is. It gives me the chance to stay involved in the sport all week as I wait for the (by now!!) weekly "crisis, must win, we're doomed" match.
The price I pay for having this wonderful facility provided by others willing to give their time for my benefit is having to read - in some cases - posts that I disagree with, a lot of which are yours.
You are free to express your opinion, others are free to comment on that and express their own. Whatever views we hold doesn't make us any less of a supporter of the club.
Sorry for having ranted on but I thought you needed to be told.
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:angry: IMO the fault for this mess we find ourselves in lies squarely at the feet of MO, we have signed below par players for a few seasons now, whilst at the same time allowing our better young players leave, and play for our main competitors, great strategy MO.
Also the way MO has handled the Mike Gregory saga is deplorable, then appointing Betts was a master stroke, and the plan is working, we are now at our lowest ebb for 10 years, well done Doris !!!!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:angry: IMO the fault for this mess we find ourselves in lies squarely at the feet of MO, we have signed below par players for a few seasons now, whilst at the same time allowing our better young players leave, and play for our main competitors, great strategy MO.
Also the way MO has handled the Mike Gregory saga is deplorable, then appointing Betts was a master stroke, and the plan is working, we are now at our lowest ebb for 10 years, well done Doris !!!!!!
Yet again...complaints without positive suggestions.
Apart from Luke Robinson, whom I would have liked to have kept (but has, admittedly, been replaced adequately with Godwin), which of the youngsters let go would get a game now?
Drop Rads for Briscoe? Aspi for Hodgson? Seuseu for Bibey? Newton for Mark Smith?
It's not the youngsters we're missing, it's the experience of O'Connor, Craig Smith, Cassidy etc. and at the time they were released we had Davico, Farrell, Hock, O'Loughlin in their places.

As for Mike Gregory, what would you have done? Sacked him as soon as he was taken ill? Make him continue coaching despite his illness?
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

Excuse me jinkin jimmy but i don't need to be told anything. I am getting sick and tired of all the negativity that is written.Excuse me but i thought the point if supporting a team is to stand by them through thick and thin. What's the point of supporting a club when all some people write is negative comments about the team. Positive criticism is fine but not the doom and gloom merchants who seem to get a kick out of saying how bad we are or how bad some players are. I can't ever imagine a day when my opinion agree's with yours either!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

hayley 04 posted:
Excuse me jinkin jimmy but i don't need to be told anything. I am getting sick and tired of all the negativity that is written.Excuse me but i thought the point if supporting a team is to stand by them through thick and thin. What's the point of supporting a club when all some people write is negative comments about the team. Positive criticism is fine but not the doom and gloom merchants who seem to get a kick out of saying how bad we are or how bad some players are. I can't ever imagine a day when my opinion agree's with yours either!
Change the record :(
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

Don't think so. Thought you said everyone was entitled to their own opinion. I've got mine and clearly you've got yours
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

hayley 04 posted:
Don't think so. Thought you said everyone was entitled to their own opinion. I've got mine and clearly you've got yours
It's the fact that in all your posts you only discuss other people's negativity that prompted my response. When have you ever posted about anything else? I haven't been on here that long, but all I've ever seen from you are tart responses to other people's opinions, so I thought you should have one and see how it feels.
hayley 04

Post by hayley 04 »

Well thanks for that! I give my opinion to what i think and you obviously do the same. At the end of the day our opinions and views on certain things may differ but we are both Wigan fans so i guess we do have that in common!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

hayley 04 posted:
Well thanks for that! I give my opinion to what i think and you obviously do the same. At the end of the day our opinions and views on certain things may differ but we are both Wigan fans so i guess we do have that in common!
Yep! :)
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

I hate it when people jump on players when they have a bad game! He has been a consistantly good player so far and I think the longer he stays the better he will get. On Friday he was playing injured, he couldnt run to chase and he wasnt quick on his feet, lets hope he recovers very soon because we need a player like him!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!