Hull FC will miss out on long-term target Scott Taylor – for now

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Hull FC will miss out on long-term target Scott Taylor –...

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

menpond wrote:Seems a good result all round. Props are worth their weight in gold. Hull will come good. , sooner or later, so gives us time to continue the team building. Our recruiting gets better and better,and it needs to to bolster the in house operation. We will get used to players leaving for all sorts of reasons,including moving on so called established players who falter.,OR were never good enough in the first place .The search for size/power will intensify, with the undersized back row coming under scrutiny. Tomkins and Gelling are a boost,and anybody smaller will come under pressure to compete. This time next year we might be close to the oz champion club team,which is all we can ask for. That will be enough to keep us in top 2 at home. BESTS
What is your fascination with size all about MP?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
menpond wrote:Seems a good result all round. Props are worth their weight in gold. Hull will come good. , sooner or later, so gives us time to continue the team building. Our recruiting gets better and better,and it needs to to bolster the in house operation. We will get used to players leaving for all sorts of reasons,including moving on so called established players who falter.,OR were never good enough in the first place .The search for size/power will intensify, with the undersized back row coming under scrutiny. Tomkins and Gelling are a boost,and anybody smaller will come under pressure to compete. This time next year we might be close to the oz champion club team,which is all we can ask for. That will be enough to keep us in top 2 at home. BESTS
Perhaps my mate's wife would be better qualified to answer that one!!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
menpond

Post by menpond »

After losing to the OZ club champions,the Club Establishmentb said we are undersized, as did Mcguire in his 2 years at Wigan. Against Castleford, when the free passing game plan failed,we were underpowered and couldnot generate /force an opening to score at crucial times. But We are getting there. OL is nearly finished,it happens ,only Salford or Warrington last year would be daft enough to sign him up. Nobody with any sense would enter a frenzy to sign a player who cannot get in the GB /England team., Farrell. Also Our relative fitness advantage is slowly eroding , as others watch and learn so all individual players come under more scrutiny. But The club seems to be recruiting along the right lines. ,so we look in good shape. Would like a BETTS /Ashurst, type no 11 but where are they? Going for swim,in Highgate ponds,all sexes. VERY PC.BESTS
mp
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I mentioned size first in this thread. As in so much in life, it's a question of balance.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wandering Warrior wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Perhaps my mate's wife would be better qualified to answer that one!!!
Hahaha, I bet MP drives round in a sports convertible!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Hull FC are 11th in SL, if they were in the same position next year would Taylor sign for them then when they would be facing relegation?
Anyway, Hull's problems are not in the forwards or defence it's attack. They need quality backs and half backs. If they think Leon Pryce is the answer to their half back problem then they kidding themselves and aren't going anywhere soon.
If he goes back to Humberside to either club I do think it's a very wrong move for him career wise.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Can we see a 100% Scott Taylor in 2015 if his mind is/was elsewhere.
I am of the opinion that if a player wants to go then get gone.
Why suffer a player who's mind is in another team.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Can we see a 100% Scott Taylor in 2015 if his mind is/was elsewhere.
Exactly if there was any truth in this Waney would of kicked his ass right out of the club
OJ

Post by OJ »

I've got mixed feelings about this, delighted that he is staying but in truth only want players at Wigan who want to play for us and can't help feeling it's not good that his hand had to be forced on the matter :eusa4:
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

markill

Post by markill »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Can we see a 100% Scott Taylor in 2015 if his mind is/was elsewhere.
His form definitely suffered for a while April-June time in my opinion, he wasn't dominating opponents like he did in the first few rounds. So that suggests to me something was going on in his head or whatever, because it wasn't injury related, otherwise he would have been left out more when others came back. His form has picked up again in the last three or four games so I guess now next year is sorted he's OK again, until the year after needs sorting.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod