Sinking Ship

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Doveoverdave

Re: Sinking Ship

Post by Doveoverdave »

Will he be injured till June?
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Doveoverdave posted:
I am a Farrell fan. He is without doubt a modern great.

We need him now more than ever and now the going is really tough he's left the club-just like Edwards did when he went to play sub for London, Bradford or any other team outside Wigan met, but I digress.

I can't help but compare Farrell's trophy record with that of soccer legend Bryan Robson. Here again we have a super player and captain, but the man was unable to win anything apart from an odd F.A.cup, even though he played for one of the most famous and richest clubs in the world.

Farrell even managed to captain the team to the most famous loss at Wembley when Sheff beat us.

Now though the team is clearly not good enough and he should be here to oversee the rebuilding instead of lining his pockets and building a profile in union.

He owes every thing to the club and loyalty is a two way thing.Even though he has loser written all over his record we could do with his skill, size, leadeship and goal kicking right now.
Biggest load of crap ive read in a while, nice job.

Let me say that when we went through a similar experience around 96-98 when we had financial trouble and we had to let Offiah and Tuigamala and many others go, Farrel carried us through that. he was won more games for us than any other player has done in his era at the club. Hes put 100% effort, commitment and loyalty into Wigan Rugby League, more than anyone else ive ever seen apart from maybe Edwards.

Comments like this just make me sick, if 14 years of devoted service and loyalty isnt enough for you, then that is your problem, not Farrels.

My god I cam never take anything you say serious after this, you really are an idiot.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Thanks.

By the way Edwards left to play off the bench for London - when we really needed him.

He's another that wasloyal to a winning team.
mario

Post by mario »

Doveoverdave posted:
I am a Farrell fan. He is without doubt a modern great.

We need him now more than ever and now the going is really tough he's left the club-just like Edwards did when he went to play sub for London, Bradford or any other team outside Wigan met, but I digress.

I can't help but compare Farrell's trophy record with that of soccer legend Bryan Robson. Here again we have a super player and captain, but the man was unable to win anything apart from an odd F.A.cup, even though he played for one of the most famous and richest clubs in the world.

Farrell even managed to captain the team to the most famous loss at Wembley when Sheff beat us.

Now though the team is clearly not good enough and he should be here to oversee the rebuilding instead of lining his pockets and building a profile in union.

He owes every thing to the club and loyalty is a two way thing.Even though he has loser written all over his record we could do with his skill, size, leadeship and goal kicking right now.
Can you name any players that have won more than him? other than another ex Wigan player?
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Off the top of my head probably half the Bulls squad, all of any Aus international squad, in the future most of he Leeds squad and Alex Murphy
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Doveoverdave posted:
Thanks.

By the way Edwards left to play off the bench for London - when we really needed him.

No, you're wrong, AGAIN. Edwards left because Eric Hughes said to him that he either moved from London or he left the club, he moved to London because Heather Small had just given birth to their child, so he had a choice of being with his family, or staying with Wigan, Eric Hughes gave him this ultimatum after being at the club for 5 minutes.
What would you have done ?
What Edwards wanted to do is, train down there and travel up for matches and maybe 1 training session, just for a while after the kid was born, Eric Hughes was having none of it and said he had to go.

Please get your facts right before you post, that way you dont look completely stupid.
mario

Post by mario »

Off the top of your head you'd be wrong then!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

ChrisA posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
Thanks.

No, your wrong, AGAIN. Edwards left because Eric Hughes said to him that he either moved from London or he left the club, he moved to London because Heather Small had just given birth to their child, so he had a choice of being with his family, or staying with Wigan, Eric Hughes gave him this ultimatum after being at theclub for 5 minutes, what would you have done ?

Please get your facts right before you post, that way you dont look completely stupid.
Too late.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

I'd have told the wife that my job is in Wigan and here I can play in the first team.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: