Micky mac

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Micky mac

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Lets hope the is not sight threatening and he can play as I am sure he would want to.
If he does play, I'm sure he'll be targeted though which is a concern on interchanges.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Lets hope the is not sight threatening and he can play as I am sure he would want to.
If he does play, I'm sure he'll be targeted though which is a concern on interchanges.
He'll be targeted anyway, I don't think Micky would want it any other way. Micky & John Bateman just get better when things get rough lol
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Players can wear those protective masks and headguards.
Panchitta Marra

cpwigan wrote:Players can wear those protective masks and headguards.
I was thinking exactly the same, lets just hope a medical decision doesnt prevent him playing.
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

Kaii wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:Lets hope the is not sight threatening and he can play as I am sure he would want to.
He'll be targeted anyway, I don't think Micky would want it any other way. Micky & John Bateman just get better when things get rough lol
thats my only concern, like that shithouse LMS or Masoe going right for him and winding him up with a smack to the eye, soliola as well
OJ

Post by OJ »

That was my worry and even more so after seeing one of the Bulldogs players deliberately trying to get at Sam Burgess yesterday when it was clear James Graham had done something similar to his cheekbone.

Much as I want Micky Mac to play if there is any prospect of him doing any damage to himself and especially his eyes then I couldn't condone his selection, it would simply wrong.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

Sam Burgess played the full 80 minutes yesterday with a similar injury. Accidental clash of heads with James Graham. 1st tackle of the game after 6 seconds. Mickey Mac is a tough lad. He'll want to play no doubt about that. I think we have a better edge about us when he's on the pitch.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

If there's any danger of serious injury (such as potential loss of sight in that eye), then he wouldn't play.

But other than that, i can't see him missing the final. Roby will be praying he has to sit out.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
menpond

Post by menpond »

Not sure about this but there is a real problem in Union over duty of care regarding clubs relationship with players/injuries and predatory lawyers after compensation over duty of care.There is talk of size limitations by player position to attempt to limit the damage and consequential financial penalties.Presumably Wigan have their own lawyers advising on this?
mp
Panchitta Marra

WESTCUMBRIARIVE​RSIDER​ wrote:
Kaii wrote:
thats my only concern, like that shithouse LMS or Masoe going right for him and winding him up with a smack to the eye, soliola as well
Masoe will be like a bull at a gate and wound up to do damage. A big lump of a bloke difficult to handle when he's off on one. Our big lads will just have to keep him wrapped up.