Joe Burgess on the MEN

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
adiddy

Re: Joe Burgess on the MEN

Post by adiddy »

Wandering Warrior wrote: The cynic in me feels that a third year for Mango would be Mr Lenegan's vision of appeasement for the fans at Budgie's departure.
I hope I'm wrong!!
I understand what youre saying, and I agree, and I also hope you are wrong. As much as I like Mango, and would be happy with Manfredi taking over, I feel we are going to lacking that X-factor that I feel Burgess brings. IL needs to spend some money on the backline for a change, and if the Budgie deal hasnt been finalised, then get that bank broken!!! Not a happy supporter if he goes!!!

Matt :angry:
markill

Post by markill »

Good luck to him. I don't think it's too soon but he will have some tough competition.

It's a shame of course but could we match them? I thought he got a new deal earlier this year with improved terms but we don't have as much money as the Roosters.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
doc

Re: Observer latest

Post by doc »

They obviously see something in Dudson that the rest of us don't.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

we are nothing more than a breeding pool for the NRL, the game is shagged in this country
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

I think he'll do well there, good opportunity for him
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

gillysmyhero wrote:. I think the days of IL pay the youngsters on the the cheap because it's Wigan are over and we cou and be losing another home grown player.
Never truer words said, this team could very well break up due to IL's "austerity measures" and incessant notions that playing for Wigan is worthy of any wage increase. That is exactly what happened with Scott Taylor and WILL happen with more and more first team players.

One thing is for sure, the club WILL NOT stand in the way of any player moving (as long as they get a fee for them)
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Surely he should go to NZ - after all we have a mutually beneficial partnership with them (and Saracens etc...)

Can we pick one team to be a feeder club for, then we'd all know who to support in the real competition?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Super league is dying and so is our club :(
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Time Mr Lenegan realised that slavery was abolished many years ago!
Pulling a cherry and white shirt on doesn't pay the electricity bill, you need pound notes.
Mr Lenegan is a hard nosed businessman and while he claims to be a fan he also has a football team to support! At the end of the day the pound note will always rule when it comes to the choice of quality or a will do player and the extra mile will be ignored.
The cynic in me feels that a third year for Mango would be Mr Lenegan's vision of appeasement for the fans at Budgie's departure.
I hope I'm wrong!!
It still exsists, especially now in football!
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:Time Mr Lenegan realised that slavery was abolished many years ago!
Pulling a cherry and white shirt on doesn't pay the electricity bill, you need pound notes.
Mr Lenegan is a hard nosed businessman and while he claims to be a fan he also has a football team to support! At the end of the day the pound note will always rule when it comes to the choice of quality or a will do player and the extra mile will be ignored.
The cynic in me feels that a third year for Mango would be Mr Lenegan's vision of appeasement for the fans at Budgie's departure.
I hope I'm wrong!!
It still exsists, especially now in football!
Well he has his finger in that pie as well!
Tell me, why do Leeds or Saints or Wire not lose them like we do?
You seem to have the answers to everything.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield