Warriors V Latics

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Re: Warriors V Latics

Post by MrsLam »

It's not even short sighted. The Latics fans came on here after no mention of their team by anyone on here saying "Wigan is turning blue" if they can't take it back then don't give it. Simple.

Both sets of fans did not try to wind each other up. You come live in Wigan all your life and see that growing up I hadn't even heard of the Latics, why? Because no Wigan RL fan had ever mentioned them which includes mentioning them to have a go. Now miraculously, Latics go up a division and they're all telling Warriors how Wigans turning blue.

Good for them going up but it has nothing to do with Wigan Rugby so what's the need for them to say anything to any of us? It's not short sighted, it's the way it is. The way I've experienced it, I know a lot of pure Warriors fans that support or used to support Latics, I haven't experienced it the other way around.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

About three Latics fans have been on this message board causing trouble.

When Wigan got to the Grand Final two years ago there were more Warriors fans there than you could fit into the JJB stadium, similarly when we play Saints we get about 8,000 more fans than our average attendance. You wouldn't tell all the occasional fans to go home because they are not proper fans. Wigan's attendances are up by the highest margin on any other SL side this year, expansion is a good thing. Some people just don't seem to feel comfortable with Latics expanding and people becoming Latics fans. I can't see the problem in football fans feeling some pride in supporting their home town if they're doing well. They may well be fans for life now, no harm in that.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

No one has said there is any harm at all, and I didn't say it's people that come on this board that annoy me. I said I've lived in Wigan all my life and before the last two years had never experienced any problems with Latics fans as in, in real life until now. I've received abuse from Latics fans when I've been on my way home with 4 other younger girls, I'm not a trouble maker and there is absolutely no need for a large group of lads to say anything to me or my 8 year old sister, and I find that extremely offensive

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Can I also say in addition to the glory seekers of Wigan..Where were all these glory seekers when we got to the final two years ago against saints? I didn't see anyone jumping the bandwagon then.

Whether or not they thought we'd get hammered or not is irrelevant, fact is, they weren't there when we'd achieved Challenge Cup Final status once again.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

In my own sad way I was worried about the Lactics blowing our ground record at the JJB but then watching the last 5 minutes on Sky today I wondered about the vast gaps at the end of the East Stand and I remembered what it was like at Elland Road when Leeds were top of the tree, you still had been swathes of empty seats between the sets of opposing 'fans' so I suspect that we will sill retain the ground record even with the arrival of Man U, (will you be at that match MrsLam?) the Arse and Chelski. :lol:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Joanne2809

Post by Joanne2809 »

I have heard that Wigan Warriors (RL) have a mutual agreement with F.A that The Warriors have a 999 year lease to remain at JJB !!!

I would like to wish the Latics all the best, but like someone else posted....WATCH ALL THE 'so called' Latics fans crawl out of the woodwork now !!! Be great to watch my footie team play there..Liverpool !!!! But to me, there is no comparison, give me a Rugby League game any day compared to Football !!!
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

I'm not sure but i dont think that the latics can beat our record as they have to have segregation as footballs has immature fans
heydude

Post by heydude »

other thing is to is that can only allocate a certain amount of tickets to away fans.
don't eat yellow snow
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

well why dont the latics give the north stand to away fans and then have the other three to them selves? Makes more common sence as then they can try and fill the place.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

why dont they give the whole stadium to the away fans? it wont make that much difference