Sinfield

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
medlocke

Re: Sinfield

Post by medlocke »

the rest of his big payment from Leeds more like, not in the spirit of the cap that like, be glad to see the baqck of him, smug mediocre player, nothing more than a good solid reliable club player and not the amazing god like being that memory man & the bald burbler make him out to be
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

medlocke wrote:the rest of his big payment from Leeds more like, not in the spirit of the cap that like, be glad to see the baqck of him, smug mediocre player, nothing more than a good solid reliable club player and not the amazing god like being that memory man & the bald burbler make him out to be
Just coincidence that 'Sir' Kev and JP hang up their Rhinos boots in quick succession. Me thinks not.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I'd say he'd be a good no 10 at lower level union. I don't know much about it but I imagine his kicking would be good and his rugby knowledge would let him know when there is an opportunity. I don't think you need to run or get tackled at 10 so probably would be fun for him.

Perhaps he won't adapt to the strategy but at leeds level the pressure will be a loy lower than say it was on faz.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

cpwigan wrote:
medlocke wrote:the rest of his big payment from Leeds more like, not in the spirit of the cap that like, be glad to see the baqck of him, smug mediocre player, nothing more than a good solid reliable club player and not the amazing god like being that memory man & the bald burbler make him out to be
Just coincidence that 'Sir' Kev and JP hang up their Rhinos boots in quick succession. Me thinks not.
I can't think of any particularly specific reason why they'd retire at the same time tbh. What's your theory cp?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Mike wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
I can't think of any particularly specific reason why they'd retire at the same time tbh. What's your theory cp?
Leeds need to manage their salary cap and lower the average age of the squad. According to the reports, Leeds claim they were told weeks/months ago that this would be his last season with Leeds Rhinos so why not mention it then unless they were waiting for the Union Leeds Rhinos to fall into place.

FWIIW, I think Sinfield will do very well at five eight or even inside centre. Those poition seem to be centred upon kicking and passing at fly half or hitting crash passes at inside centre. Sinfield can do all of that. Whilst I do not think 'Sir' Kev is a amazing RL player he is a damn fine / excellent one.
BriH

Post by BriH »

DaveO wrote:He is 34 and has got an 18 month deal with the Union outfit who are a not a Premiership club.

It's a retirement package.

I am sure the likes Cas or Wakey would have taken him given the opportunity but at 34 I think anyone would question a top side signing him for 18 months unless it was as a player/coach and even then I am not sure that would be a goer.

Not sure where he will play though in Union. Can't imagine he'd be fast enough for the centres and can't see him as a forward or half back.
Good comment DaveO. My thoughts exactly. Nice retirement package + potential benefit from the RU network = nice job at the end of his playing days