Lockers Back

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TV Warrior

Re: Lockers Back

Post by TV Warrior »

O'Loughlin can't return quick enough. The team as a whole miss his leadership and creativity while individual players, like Smith, miss having someone else take responsibility for moving the team around the pitch. From a purely personal point, I can't wait to see him miss out a couple of players with one of the passes he makes out wide.
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

TV Warrior wrote:O'Loughlin can't return quick enough. The team as a whole miss his leadership and creativity while individual players, like Smith, miss having someone else take responsibility for moving the team around the pitch. From a purely personal point, I can't wait to see him miss out a couple of players with one of the passes he makes out wide.
Totally agree with you TV, but the question still hangs who is going to take over after Lockers. There does not seem to be anyone, (at the moment), who is willing to take on the vital role to the club that Lockers makes.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

When lockers and all the other players return it will be very interesting how we perform.lockers will defo add another pair of hands in our link play and take a lot of pressure off Williams in the passing department.flower will add a lot more steal up front which will be just what we need.i also think Thornley will boost us in the centres.charnley as well will improve us although all three of our wingers are quality.not sure exactly where Powell is gonna fit in( maybe bench hooker) but ide prefer to give Williams a longer run.its gonna be very interesting though if or when we do get a full strength squad on the pitch because if nothing improves then it's clear we have got a problem higher up.whether this is due to coaching,fitness,lack of quality players or whatever,at least we will know one way or the other.watch this space
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
menpond

Post by menpond »

Fair enough Firestarter,doubly so with ST back,though we have seen precious little from Thornley to justify much optimism there. Ithink we have as good a squad as anybody,so now down to Wane.
mp