Who do u think

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: Who do u think

Post by GeoffN »

There's a difference between being concerned about our performances, and thinking that sacking the chairman, the coach and most of the team is the quick solution.
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

jinkin jimmy posted:
warrior till i die posted:
ill be supporting the lads even if we end up in NL3. Obviously we would get beat by everyone in that division though wouldnt we wnac.
Worry about NL3 if and when we get there. For the moment I'm worried that if our last 2 performances are anything to go by we would get beat by almost everyone in Superleague.

Is it simply good enough for your type to happily watch us disintegrate as long as you can say "I was there and always will be"?

Wnac is worried by our performances. OK he may go too far OTT for your liking, but can you truthfully say you are not worried about our form all season?

If so, maybe it's not wnac, me, dod, et al who should stop watching them but you.

The club needs to know in no uncertain terms that the current situation is totally unacceptable. We will all turn up to support them and will cheer on good play and results, but to watch the garbage they are serving up with a smile on your face as you sing "we love you Wigan" just beggars belief.
:(
Hear, hear JJ, everyone needs to be heard, whether it's an optimistic (unrealistc) view, or a pessimistic (realistic) view !

I will not watch this garbage for to much longer, neither will a lot of our fans, as we can't see what is being done to correct the current dire situation. If some sort of action plan was being executed, at least we would have something to look forward to, but what have we got, one of the worst teams in our history, performacnes which are deteriorating weekly, and a chairman and coach, who keep on delivering purile drivel to the press ( some of it hardly truthfull).

IT CAN'T GO ON !!!!!!!!

:angry: :angry:
rl fan

Post by rl fan »

yer ur right we need to start believing in them and instead of me saying who do u think will win I should of said yer we are defintly going to win. But the boys wont start believe in themselves first so it all starts with us the fans! Come on cos people will go and support the saints! Sometimes I even dread watching cos i'm scared whats going to happen :(
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I will not watch this garbage for to much longer, neither will a lot of our fans
Well, I would love to hear your definition of fan then. Remarks on the current state fair enough, but saying "i wont watch this team any longer" is not supporting the team in any way. And I can tell you that whether we carry on "being garbage" or not I WILL be there watching it.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

MrsLam posted:
I will not watch this garbage for to much longer, neither will a lot of our fans
Well, I would love to hear your definition of fan then. Remarks on the current state fair enough, but saying "i wont watch this team any longer" is not supporting the team in any way. And I can tell you that whether we carry on "being garbage" or not I WILL be there watching it.
OK but maybe the only way for us to truly show our dissent is to stay away. The Wigan Walk doesn't seem to have an effect. Maybe plummeting income from diminished gates will.After all, deciding to not spend our money would surely be the ultimate sanction. Having said this, I'm not at the "staying away" stage yet but human nature dictates that it happens with some people. It has happended with me and the GB team - I will not be going to any Tri Nations matches for the forseeable future, such was my disappointment last time. GB will now have to prove to me that they are worth watching - who knows, maybe Wigan will fall into this category eventually.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Rather than show my annoyance in walking out, I prefer to have a go at the team or get behind them. I think it helps if there's people there to cheer them on or show their anger, it might even spurr them on at times, I noticed Terry Newton looking at us all having a go at the effort and he stepped into gear after that. If there's no one there to make their opinions known then what difference will it make to the performances?

Are you also willing to be called a glory seeker if you walk away at a stage like this and come back when Wigan are playing better?
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Couldn't agree more Mrs Lam. Do you only support Wigan when they are winning? Sounds like a fair weather football type supporter to me ala Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd

I am not happy with the current state of our affairs - especially with all of our rivals having no difficulty signing new players. I don't have a problem with people saying that they want shot of Dennis, Maurice, Whelan - whoever. Everyone is entitled to an opinion - although banging on and on and on about it in every thread does get a little tedious - I have never heard WNAC talk about anything and I mean ANYTHING else. No classic teams, favourites games/players - just that Dennis must go.

Betts is an inexperienced coach - however he has scored some good victories (like over Saints and Hull over Easter). So on occasion he HAS got the tactics/gameplan right. Fair enough we have lost some games against teams we should bury. However declaring these victories "lucky" is a bit unfair and makes all your comments sound biased (and frankly makes you sound like a cracked record). On the flip side we could claim to be unlucky in losing several of games this year (not to mention players).

If you want Dennis to go - fair enough that's your opinion. He hasn't had the best of seasons and whether that is down to his tactical naivety, injuries or the moon in the second phase of pluto is up for debate. However please don't cheapen the victories we do get - by whining that we didn't deserve them - you're supposed to support the club - remember?

Supporting means following the team and being proud to wear your shirt when we lose - not just riding the bandwagon of success which broke in the 90s. If this the best you can manage then perhaps it's better that you do go and support someone else - may I suggest Leeds; they're doing quite well at the moment and who knows when they go down hill I am sure that you'll be able to find hours of enjoyment blaming someone in the coaching staff or board at Headingly.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
heydude

Post by heydude »

old saying you have to take the rough with the smooth. :D
don't eat yellow snow
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I actually had a spell when I stopped going in the 90s because I was sick of us battering everyone!! Impossible to please or what!!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

MrsLam posted:
Rather than show my annoyance in walking out, I prefer to have a go at the team or get behind them. I think it helps if there's people there to cheer them on or show their anger, it might even spurr them on at times, I noticed Terry Newton looking at us all having a go at the effort and he stepped into gear after that. If there's no one there to make their opinions known then what difference will it make to the performances?

Are you also willing to be called a glory seeker if you walk away at a stage like this and come back when Wigan are playing better?
jj has been called worse than a glory seeker - and on this site :)

It costs £'s to follow a team. People fore go other pleasures to have the joy of following Wigan.£100 a time for a family? Best part of £100 a time for me on my own (if I partake some beers as you enjoy Mrs Lam).

Wigan have to compete for the entertainment £'s.
Serving up sub-standard fayre will not keep Wigan in 5 figure averages for ever. People get brassed off and spend their time and money on pursuits that they enjoy.THEY DON'T ENJOY WATCHING POOR WIGAN RL TEAMS.

Glory seekers? No value for money seekers yes!