Golden Crop of Youngsters

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Golden Crop of Youngsters

Post by pedro »

too small? hes 102kg at 19, I suppose youd prefer a neil baines type of player
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

That's the problem, they're youngsters, Leneghan needs to realise that the homegrown team he is trying to con us with is bunkum, it's RL on the cheap and it's not fair that this decent crop of players are being put in the frontline when they aren't ready for week in week out matches. I also have some sympathy for Waney, he can't come out and say this is crap he's towing the line and his hands are tied. This team needs some experience in key positions, I said when Blake Green was going and also after posters on here said he was crap we would miss him and how true that is.
Rads has some responsibility to we should be recruiting better and if that means overseas then that's where we go. The Chairman needs to back this club financially if he can't or won't we need to find someone who will
markill

Post by markill »

cpwigan wrote:The richest youth crop we have had in many years. EVERY club in Britain would give everything for such quality and most would give unthinkable's to have George and Rocky.
It's possibly unfortunate that they've both come through at the same time, at a time when we had a Lance Todd winning England scrum half and a Harry Sunderland winning high calibre stand off (going into last year) in front of them. And at a time when neither is really given chance to grow into the side by people who expect perfection all the time and wins every week (both have been ripped apart by keyboard warriors for bad showings in team losses - as well as lots of praise when we win of course).

Ideally we would have had them a couple of years apart, let one establish, become a leader and learn how to run games against full pros, then shift the other alongside to have 6-8 years of them as a pairing. The reality is that can't happen as someone will feel they are better than bench/back up.

Re. Forwards. Do we include Bateman in the crop? I would given his age. And Sutton can be whatever he wants to be, plus Burke is another forward with great potential that he was stating to show delivery on at Rovers before the injury. If Greenwood can do the same, and we can remember that forwards tend to fully develop a little later, we can't say there are no forwards coming through.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

I'm happy to wait for a season or so for the youngsters to come into fruition, not every year has to be a trophy winning year if it means excellent kids are coming through.
As long as those top youngsters stay with the club it's happy times for me.
menpond

Post by menpond »

Of course we have some astounding talents,but the guts of a side are props ,secondrowers and centres,and nothing there.Clubsjudgement seems terrible in last4 years . Buy in en mass /do what you have to do but if you buy in overpriced dross? and is deficient in some way?The current squad is poor as a squad.Whose fault is that?
mp
superleague

Post by superleague »

Panchitta Marra wrote:I'm happy to wait for a season or so for the youngsters to come into fruition, not every year has to be a trophy winning year if it means excellent kids are coming through.
As long as those top youngsters stay with the club it's happy times for me.
We shouldn't be in bloody transitional season every year though that's just bad planing and poor running of the club from its resources PoV from coach to chairman
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Youngsters need winners and leaders to look up too and learn off.The ones who lead by example.We had a load of good youngsters in the past with brown,Robinson etc,but they all needed guiding.When we play bad we never seem to be able to keep hold of the ball.We force the pass and defend shocking.This is when a captain should be instrumental imo
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

menpond wrote:two very promising players is not a crop.Sutton is too small to prop,like most players coming through the system.
Menpond, I have asked you this question about one of our youngsters before so please give me an answer this time, how big is Sutty?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
menpond wrote:two very promising players is not a crop.Sutton is too small to prop,like most players coming through the system.
Menpond, I have asked you this question about one of our youngsters before so please give me an answer this time, how big is Sutty?
Fits on one hand and has a friend called Sweep.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

thegimble wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Fits on one hand and has a friend called Sweep.
:lol:
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards