Biggest Problem

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: Biggest Problem

Post by thegimble »

medlocke wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: That's something for the management and senior players to resolve.
Is the team really that young?

Matty Bowen? Josh? Matty Smith? Crosby? Mac? Flower? JoelT? Liam Faz? Lockers? Mossop? Clubb? Tautai? HARDLY KIDS?
22 of the squad are under 25, i don't care what anybody says, that is young
Agree Meds too young.

Look at the 2010 and 2013 sides it has a few young guys and good amount of leadership and experience.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

It's the vital, key positions that age & youth is exposed, from Hampshire at FB (excluding Bowen here)to the Half Back positions were inexperience is felt most and taken advantage of most by our opposition. In the Forwards when Micky Mac is spelled, then Powell (or Logan) fills in, Bateman plays above his years but is still prone to handling errors and some indiscipline. When a Prop is spelled, Sutton at 19 comes on (or even starts). Sarginson at 21 is totally inexperienced for his position, as even are Budgie, Manfredi, and Gelling. Budgie began the season disastrously, but now back on form. That's how it goes with any youngsters.
This is fuelled by IL's intent on having a home grown/developed Wigan team. Could have got away with this idea, but for the League's introduction of the new SL format, where previously resting players was common, but now defeats and the loss of points much more important in the scheme of things.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

medlocke wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: That's something for the management and senior players to resolve.
Is the team really that young?

Matty Bowen? Josh? Matty Smith? Crosby? Mac? Flower? JoelT? Liam Faz? Lockers? Mossop? Clubb? Tautai? HARDLY KIDS?
It's not all of those 22 that are in the squad on match days though meds.
Plenty of mixture of experience with youth as I see it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
medlocke wrote:
cpwigan wrote: Is the team really that young?

If my memory serves me right nine of the team on Saturday were internationals, how much experience do we need. These guys need to bond, act and play like a team.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Too many youngsters is a red herring. The Kangaroos are losing now because they have too many ageing players!

The game plan is the problem and that comes down to the coach. Waneball does not allow our players to control the game and dominate when it matters. Great v garbage; fails every time the opposing team offer resistance and play smart.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
medlocke wrote: 22 of the squad are under 25, i don't care what anybody says, that is young
If my memory serves me right nine of the team on Saturday were internationals, how much experience do we need. These guys need to bond, act and play like a team.
Couldn't have put it better SEFC.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

To be fair cp,the Aussies don't play there strongest team anymore imo.And NZ only challenge them nowadays due to the amount of kiwis in the NRL.
The Aussies passion is more for origin than tests
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Graeme Souness gave it both barrels yesterday to jamie carragher. Carragher went on about Ashley letting everyone down in Newcastle and it was basically all his fault.

Souness said he was a coach in Newcastle and its the toughest job he had. And that included Rangers Liverpool and Galatasary. And the real reason they struggle was the fans as once they lose its get rid of him get him in he is crap etc. Basically he was saying that Noth East football fans do not give a manger a break. Lose 1 game and the media rips in and the fans get worse. And its the end of the world.

Are we the same. We are 3rd it could be a lot worse and tbh it should be. Do we excpect more than we actually can get. SL if flawed with the play offs it does not matter if you finish top its about top 4 and nothing else.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Losing games is one of the issues that some people have with SW, this has been gone over many times and yet still comes back to results.

In a nut-shell, he embarasses the professionalism of the club, on an almost weekly basis.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I think Sam will captain us next season.Unless we get another experienced player brought in
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE