Paul Deacon linked with move to Sale Sharks

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Re: Paul Deacon linked with move to Sale Sharks

Post by thegimble »

Shaun1967 wrote:A lot of people on here reckoned that when Harris was here and we were attacking well it was all down to him.
If that was the case then the spotlight should be on Deacon for our poor attack at the moment.
You make a valid point. Werther Wane is fully at fault as Head Coach for the results lately our attack had been horrendous especially away. It could be down to Wanes instructions but we have gone backwards under Deacon compared to Harris.

And before anyone starts having a pop about i am saying this as he could be going might have a cases i have not looked at it from that point of view before. If he does go i am so glad Madge signed up inspired choice and when Sam had to replace Amos at FB he was instrumental in 2 trophies in 2 years,
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

cpwigan wrote:Money talks and Union offers far more than League.
Indeed it does sadly.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Shaun1967 wrote:A lot of people on here reckoned that when Harris was here and we were attacking well it was all down to him.
If that was the case then the spotlight should be on Deacon for our poor attack at the moment.
Deacon looks to be leaving the club so all of a sudden the spotlight should be on him for our poor attack?

Unbelieveable.

This is just a rehash of what happens when a player leaves. Suddenly they are past it/a crock/weren't that good anyway/were a disruptive influence. With Deacon he's suddenly the root cause of our poor attack. As I said, unbelieveable.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

thegimble wrote:
You make a valid point. Werther Wane is fully at fault as Head Coach for the results lately our attack had been horrendous especially away. It could be down to Wanes instructions but we have gone backwards under Deacon compared to Harris.
What absolute nonsense.
And before anyone starts having a pop about i am saying this as he could be going might have a cases i have not looked at it from that point of view before.

No one with an ounce of common sense has.

For Deacon to be responsible for our attack being so bad would mean Wane, the head coach, has sat back and let Deacon call the shots all season to the detriment of the teams performance which could ultimately lead to Wane getting the sack.

Oh, yes, Wane is really going to do that!

sc74

Post by sc74 »

DaveO wrote:
For Deacon to be responsible for our attack being so bad would mean Wane, the head coach, has sat back and let Deacon call the shots all season to the detriment of the teams performance which could ultimately lead to Wane getting the sack.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A convenient scapegoat?
Bitcon to leave next?
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

DaveO wrote:
Deacon looks to be leaving the club so all of a sudden the spotlight should be on him for our poor attack?

Unbelieveable.

This is just a rehash of what happens when a player leaves. Suddenly they are past it/a crock/weren't that good anyway/were a disruptive influence. With Deacon he's suddenly the root cause of our poor attack. As I said, unbelieveable.
Selective reading again DaveO.
Some people on here thought that a successful attacking structure was down to Harris not Wane.
I said "if that was the case" with reference to Harris organising our attack.
I haven't said that I think Deacon is the "root cause of our poor attack".
The reason you can't believe what I wrote is that I didn't write it.

Just out of interest, if Deacon is not responsible for our attacking structures just what do we think he is bringing to the team at the moment?
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

sc74 wrote:
DaveO wrote:

A convenient scapegoat?
Bitcon to leave next?
Not a convenient scapegoat, just another like a few before him who has put 30 pieces of silver before love of our game.

If that is how much he cares about our game, he will not be missed as far as I am concerned.

Another one who has lost my respect, irrespective of how good he was in the past!

sc74

Post by sc74 »

Honestly Whelley, I'd love to turn round at the end of the season and say "You know what, I got it completely wrong, the man is a genius!"

We'll see, but I expect he will eventually go and the damage will be done.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
sc74 wrote:
DaveO wrote:

A convenient scapegoat?
Bitcon to leave next?
Not a convenient scapegoat, just another like a few before him who has put 30 pieces of silver before love of our game.

If that is how much he cares about our game, he will not be missed as far as I am concerned.

Another one who has lost my respect, irrespective of how good he was in the past!

We're reading out of the same book here, he takes the kings ransom and that's it with me too.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Panchitta Marra wrote: We're reading out of the same book here, he takes the kings ransom and that's it with me too.
With all due respect, do we know what the situation is?
I know for sure I wouldn't like to be SW's coach/assistant/driver/chef etc.

Maybe he sees it that if he leaves on his own terms, then his future is more secure.