Wigan v Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Wigan v Leeds

Post by DaveO »

Well I just got back and it was certainly an exciting end to the game but I felt we did our best to lose it in the 2nd half.

Bombed two sitters then Leeds went and scored after one. Sarge taking the ball out of the 20m are numerous times. Again.

Would have been hard to take a draw or loss though as I felt Leeds were practicing for the NFL with their passing for most of the night.

When they got that break at the death I couldn't believe the ref blew up as I didn't see what the infringement was but I am glad he did.

Bowen was great, FLower looked a lot better and Smith deserves a pat on the back for his goal kicking.

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Crossing!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Kittwazzer wrote:Either way it's a win at a time when any team can beat any other and it leaves us nicely placed for the final 'stanza'*

*(sorry about that!)
Is that you Stevo?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

Very good exciting game. M M , Bowen must have run Bateman close for MoM. Smith deserves a mention in despatches
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Slim Jim wrote:Very good exciting game. M M , Bowen must have run Bateman close for MoM. Smith deserves a mention in despatches
You know you love MM really Jim!! :wink: :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

Don't let on tho TBW :lol:
oldhooker

Post by oldhooker »

MM and Bateman were very good along with Lockers but Bowen MoM for me.
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

we were lucky!! in other tight games not having a good goal kicker would have cost us!!
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

i have not been so nervous at a home game in a while i was waiting for us just to switch off, gladly we managed to keep in there.

im very happy for Charley, did you see the pure joy on his face when he got his try, he increased in confidence more and more through the game and i thought he had a cracker especially when vs Hall who didnt really do anything.
and that Tackle..... wow.

i do Question why it has take Wane so long to Try Bateman at center. he didn't look out place there and its good to know that we have a player who can provide emerg cover and still put in an amazing performance.

i had a sly smile while watching the match, the people sat around me have been slagging Bowen off all season and i have constantly defended him. heard a few of them saying, i don't know why he gets all the flack hes good.

i want to see the enthusiasm of last night at every match.
im happy we beat leeds. but we also had alot of room for improvement, mainly the unforced errors.

was good to see the team looking alot more happy together on the pitch

was rather amused at Burrow whinging in his post match talk.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

DaveO wrote:Well I just got back and it was certainly an exciting end to the game but I felt we did our best to lose it in the 2nd half.

Bombed two sitters then Leeds went and scored after one. Sarge taking the ball out of the 20m are numerous times. Again.
That seems to sum up our season Dave. We keep conceding tries from our own silly mistakes, especially away from home. Saints away being a classic example. Bowen x 2 and Sarginson 1. Ironically two of our best performers last night!