Matty Bowen

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Matty Bowen

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Think is he stepped out the way no ones expecting him to win every challenge but you expect him to at least challenge

He did play well overall but at the end of the day his lack of disruption allowed the winning try to be scored without challenge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Think is he stepped out the way no ones expecting him to win every challenge but you expect him to at least challenge

He did play well overall but at the end of the day his lack of disruption allowed the winning try to be scored without challenge
Exactly WF! Plus him and Joel for Swifts try well that was awful defending!!

Just for the record Bowen did have a decent game and some if not most played worse, but I can't accept what he did!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Bowen should have given a penalty away or given anything but the try for me. It why are we blaming one player when a lot of others made mistakes as well.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Think is he stepped out the way no ones expecting him to win every challenge but you expect him to at least challenge

Exactly WF! Plus him and Joel for Swifts try well that was awful defending!!

Just for the record Bowen did have a decent game and some if not most played worse, but I can't accept what he did!!
last try was Bowen's fault but Joel is completely at fault for the Swift try he should not have missed that tackle.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Caboosegg wrote:Bit Confused how any blame can be placed on bowen he played well. The highball well what chance does a small full back have against someone twice his height.

Should have kicked for two in hindsight but 3 sets on there try line you'd expect to get over and I can see why we went for another 6.

Refereeing in the first half from what I saw at the match was nothing short of atrocious lost control of the game and listened to Wilkins whinging.

Obviously I couldnt see from behind the posts but either saints Helens have the most amazing athletes or they were not on side most of game.

Burgess isn't ready yet he had no pace have we brought him back to soon to get him match fit for the semis?

Gutted with the result the best team tonight lost however is does make next week interesting and could possibly change the entire top four.
LMS was offside when the ball was kicked but yet he was there in the mix for the ball .Frame by frame Jones was a 50/50 call if we had scored it Ganson would have had the online camera replaying it 20 times over for me he missed it
TrueBlueWarrior

Gimble, you are probably right to be fair it just looked awful the way Bowen was wrong footed but I agree Tomkins was more at fault!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Not a joke for people to blame bowen is a cop out.
Saints defence was better than ours overall and ours was pretty good.

Wigan fans always need someone to put at fault. What about all the kicks under pressure he did catch or the numerous times he weaved his way out of our goal line and avoided giving a goal line drop out?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

He has to jump for the ball. If he jumps for it then Jones might spill it if he doesn't catch it.

I want to know what has happened to our "move". It was predictable but effective. There were no dummy runners at all.

There wasn't much in the game, yes we should have won but I don't think it's a terminal defeat. IF we get a good result next week we'll be in with a big shout of the Grand Final.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

jaws1 wrote:
Caboosegg wrote:Bit Confused how any blame can be placed on bowen he played well. The highball well what chance does a small full back have against someone twice his height.

Should have kicked for two in hindsight but 3 sets on there try line you'd expect to get over and I can see why we went for another 6.

Refereeing in the first half from what I saw at the match was nothing short of atrocious lost control of the game and listened to Wilkins whinging.

Obviously I couldnt see from behind the posts but either saints Helens have the most amazing athletes or they were not on side most of game.

Burgess isn't ready yet he had no pace have we brought him back to soon to get him match fit for the semis?

Gutted with the result the best team tonight lost however is does make next week interesting and could possibly change the entire top four.
LMS was offside when the ball was kicked but yet he was there in the mix for the ball .Frame by frame Jones was a 50/50 call if we had scored it Ganson would have had the online camera replaying it 20 times over for me he missed it
Walsh was offside as well.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
TrueBlueWarrior

Caboosegg wrote:Not a joke for people to blame bowen is a cop out.
Saints defence was better than ours overall and ours was pretty good.

Wigan fans always need someone to put at fault. What about all the kicks under pressure he did catch the numerous he weaved his way out of our goal line and avoided giving a goal line drop out?
Just read this thread Caboose, the fact no one agrees with you probably tells you that you are wrong!!

You cannot as a full back not attempt to challenge for a high ball end of story!! If you think that is acceptable then you either don't understand sport or are just on a wind up, either way you are wrong!!