Kevin Sinfield nominated for Sports Personality of the Year 2015

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
endoman

Re: Kevin Sinfield nominated for Sports Personality of the Year 2015

Post by endoman »

Current odds show he's doing not badly at all. The RL public should put aside club loyalties and vote for the sport here,

http://www.oddschecker.com/awards/sport ... ear/winner
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

If he won it they would announce him as a Rugby Union player they are so biast
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

endoman wrote:Current odds show he's doing not badly at all. The RL public should put aside club loyalties and vote for the sport here,

Do you think the Yorkshire thickets and Saints knobs would do the same with a Wigan player, i doubt it very much, just look at how Tomkins was treated in the England games, it's a big no from me
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote:
endoman wrote:Current odds show he's doing not badly at all. The RL public should put aside club loyalties and vote for the sport here,

Do you think the Yorkshire thickets and Saints knobs would do the same with a Wigan player, i doubt it very much, just look at how Tomkins was treated in the England games, it's a big no from me
And me sorry!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
endoman

Post by endoman »

josie andrews wrote:
medlocke wrote:

And me sorry!
I do understand your feelings, but sometimes RL does a great job of shooting itself in the foot.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

medlocke wrote:

and me.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

ddtftf wrote:If he won it they would announce him as a Rugby Union player they are so biast
And that's why Clive Woodward and Johnny Wilkinson presented St Helens with the team of the year award in 2006.
This is the blatant biasty that sickens me away from everything that is rugby union.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

endoman wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
medlocke wrote: Do you think the Yorkshire thickets and Saints knobs would do the same with a Wigan player, i doubt it very much, just look at how Tomkins was treated in the England games, it's a big no from me
And me sorry!
I do understand your feelings, but sometimes RL does a great job of shooting itself in the foot.
RL does not the fans do.

Worse than football fans tbh at times. 1 small chance for a Very good Rugby League player to shine in front of the national TV's and small minded bigotry rears its ugly head.

UUUUUU Leeds fans would not vote for us so we will not vote for them etc. Are we still in school.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I would not vote for Sinfield simply because I have never rated him as being anything better than a good clubman.I could not care less who he plays for.Had Hardaker been nominated I could understand it as he has been voted the best player in SL but up pops Sinfield once again.He has never been able to hold down an international place until the present England coach came along and once again he gave some ordinary displays as England Captain, so I for one am not bias against Leeds or any other club, just giving an honest opinion.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

old hooker wrote:I would not vote for Sinfield simply because I have never rated him as being anything better than a good clubman.I could not care less who he plays for.Had Hardaker been nominated I could understand it as he has been voted the best player in SL but up pops Sinfield once again.He has never been able to hold down an international place until the present England coach came along and once again he gave some ordinary displays as England Captain, so I for one am not bias against Leeds or any other club, just giving an honest opinion.
And your right but look at that list and none apart from Tyson Fury and Bale none have a personality to start with. I am not saying I will vote for him but I do not understand the I will not vote cause they do not like us.

He deserves to be nominated as he did lead them to the treble but that list is really weak. For me personally Gareth Bale for leading Wales to top 10 in the world. That has taken some doing. That list shows how poor sporting year has been.