Wayne Bennett

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
platt-warrior

Re: Wayne Bennett

Post by platt-warrior »

I would be surprised unless Wayne's family issues have been resolved .
SJ

Post by SJ »

Hope this proves to be the case B Carney say he's the best coach ever but Bennett himself gave that accolade to CP's favourite (and mine). Jack Gibson
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote:With Shaun Wane as his assistant please!
What about Waney coaching England and Bennett coaching Wigan?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Talk about raising standards.
From McNamara to Wayne Bennett in one leap. Good Grief!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Who ever has decided to approach WB may i come and shake you by the hand.

At last we want to take the England set up seriously and to what ever it takes to get the best no matter what.

WB may not be the worlds greatest tactician but imo he will leave no stone unturned in a ruthless effort to strive for the best from all the staff and players.

If others wish to tag along so be it but the call for the likes of Shaun wane etc to become international coaches is just sentimental bullshit it is a different level and takes the managing of the perceived best of the best and there is no one in SL who could do this
Shaun Wane & the likes could learn to be international coaches with the help from Wayne Bennett. Not sentimental BS! I may add.

To be the best you need to learn from the best & who better than WB?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Bennet over here to advance RL in the Northern Hemisphere . The RFL are going to second him to Scotland Rl to enhance the game up here and in an act of goodwill Scotland RL are releasing Steve McCormack to coach Englan during this period .

:eusa18: :eusa18: :eusa18: :eusa18: :eusa18: :eusa18:

As Always ...Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I am not suggesting WB is not a great / better coach but does nobody else find it odd to give McNamara the boot when he seems to be on the up / achieving etc.
markill

Post by markill »

cpwigan wrote:I am not suggesting WB is not a great / better coach but does nobody else find it odd to give McNamara the boot when he seems to be on the up / achieving etc.
I see where you're coming from CP, but I think if you're bringing Bennett in (even as a support/mentor role to a head coach like he did with NZ) you can't keep the guy there who's been doing the job for a number of years. That would be strange I think and harder to bring the two paths together than starting with a new system. Obviously whatever they're doing is more with WC in mind than 4N.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Just been confirmed Bennett new coach. Good luck to him we may now get players picked on form not name.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

markill wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I am not suggesting WB is not a great / better coach but does nobody else find it odd to give McNamara the boot when he seems to be on the up / achieving etc.
I see where you're coming from CP, but I think if you're bringing Bennett in (even as a support/mentor role to a head coach like he did with NZ) you can't keep the guy there who's been doing the job for a number of years. That would be strange I think and harder to bring the two paths together than starting with a new system. Obviously whatever they're doing is more with WC in mind than 4N.
I have no view right or wrong on WB being appointed, probably like most favour it albeit we have talk about a building process, McNamara building the squad over seasons. Will that be derailed by WB coming in , who knows.