Squad for Saturday - Same again

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
SJ

Re: Squad for Saturday - Same again

Post by SJ »

In awe? Inferior in all aspects of the game
Cherry_Warrior

Re: Charnley out tonight.

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

Broken his jaw but it's only slight. Out for about 2 weeks
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Will not make much difference
Cherry_Warrior

Post by Cherry_Warrior »

I agree, There is a faster player playing in his place but not as good in the tackle though ;) ;) ;)
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

josie andrews wrote:Heard Josh Charnley is out with a jaw injury, Oliver Gildart to replace him on the wing

George Williams is playing.
Sorry Josie only just seen this otherwise wouldn't have started another thread :roll:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The Eclipse wrote:Is it fair to say that English teams are beaten before the game even starts ? they seem to be totally in awe of the Aussie teams.
Just inferior in terms of mentality / playing philosophy particularly as a team. The majority of British RL fans and now coaches believe in utopian RL throwing the ball from end to end and trying to get on the outside of teams. In many respects British RL / NZ Et al are stronger, sometimes faster, sometime better individuals but between the ears, mentality and philosophy particularly as a team we remain years behind. Hence, why the latest step across British sports is national teams coached by Australians.

Whether he meant it or not I found the delusion of Keiron Cunningham disturbing last night.
jobo

Post by jobo »

cpwigan wrote:
The Eclipse wrote:Is it fair to say that English teams are beaten before the game even starts ? they seem to be totally in awe of the Aussie teams.
Just inferior in terms of mentality / playing philosophy particularly as a team. The majority of British RL fans and now coaches believe in utopian RL throwing the ball from end to end and trying to get on the outside of teams. In many respects British RL / NZ Et al are stronger, sometimes faster, sometime better individuals but between the ears, mentality and philosophy particularly as a team we remain years behind. Hence, why the latest step across British sports is national teams coached by Australians.

Whether he meant it or not I found the delusion of Keiron Cunningham disturbing last night.
Shame for KC. He got away with last years debacle by claiming Souths were the best RL side ever so he couldn't use the same excuse this year. If he really believes what he said, then it's probably time to pack it in.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Full respect for KC the player and good or bad coach I liked his honesty last season but I guess the pressure he is under now pushes him to looking ridiculous.

Saints tried hard but Sydney in that first 40 missed no tackles, I dare say completed at 80%+ ; maybe higher and crucified Saints far more than the scoreline at half time suggested. To me it was a RL education, a lesson.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Fujiman wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Heard Josh Charnley is out with a jaw injury, Oliver Gildart to replace him on the wing

George Williams is playing.
Sorry Josie only just seen this otherwise wouldn't have started another thread :roll:
No bother, just merged the two :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jobo

Post by jobo »

cpwigan wrote:Full respect for KC the player and good or bad coach I liked his honesty last season but I guess the pressure he is under now pushes him to looking ridiculous.

Saints tried hard but Sydney in that first 40 missed no tackles, I dare say completed at 80%+ ; maybe higher and crucified Saints far more than the scoreline at half time suggested. To me it was a RL education, a lesson.
Just watched it again. No lack of effort from Sts players but they were pulverised through the middle. Suppose KC was a bit shell shocked but his view of how the game went was totally at odds with the facts.