Rose Tinters

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Rose Tinters

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I suppose I am firmly in the rose tinted glasses camp. I watch for fun and as a contrast to the rest of life so am always inclined to find the upside...
Not sure if these all count as upsides, but...
- we need a new coach. Wane has done wonderful things for the club and would still do a great job in player development but we need an NRL coach. That's the best competition and has all the cutting edge talent. His post match ramble was positive insofar as there was no sense of denial and an appreciation of just how far off we were;
- we need to sort out our recruitment. We need to get another 5 good NRLers in there. And big ones;
- while we had a lot of people back many of them will be much better in a few weeks, and in plenty of time for the cup game. Cas at home must be a game we can win;
- it was great to see Sam back. He adds so much and will get better and better;
- Oli is developing well and Sutton really had a go.
It's my daughter's birthday today - 12! - so am clinging to that to keep the rose tinted glasses clear...
It has always been and always will be a privilege to follow this great club.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:I suppose I am firmly in the rose tinted glasses camp. I watch for fun and as a contrast to the rest of life so am always inclined to find the upside...
- we need a new coach. Wane has done wonderful things for the club and would still do a great job in player development but we need an NRL coach. That's the best competition and has all the cutting edge talent. His post match ramble was positive insofar as there was no sense of denial and an appreciation of just how far off we were;
- we need to sort out our recruitment. We need to get another 5 good NRLers in there. And big ones;
- while we had a lot of people back many of them will be much better in a few weeks, and in plenty of time for the cup game. Cas at home must be a game we can win;
It's my daughter's birthday today - 12! - so am clinging to that to keep the rose tinted glasses clear...
It has always been and always will be a privilege to follow this
great club.
Exactly like yourself, I will never call Wane has he has been a good servant to the club over many years and responsible for many good young players developing and making it to the first team, but I have also come to the conclusion that Wane has taken the present squad as far as he can take them and perhaps a change in the position of Head Coach is needed and like yourself a top coach from down under.

He certainly does not need the kind of comments that some come out with on here even to the extent of nasty personal opinions on occasions.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:I suppose I am firmly in the rose tinted glasses camp. I watch for fun and as a contrast to the rest of life so am always inclined to find the upside...
great club.
Exactly like yourself, I will never call Wane has he has been a good servant to the club over many years and responsible for many good young players developing and making it to the first team, but I have also come to the conclusion that Wane has taken the present squad as far as he can take them and perhaps a change in the position of Head Coach is needed and like yourself a top coach from down under.

He certainly does not need the kind of comments that some come out with on here even to the extent of nasty personal opinions on occasions.
I agree with both you and Exiled Warrior. I'll just add Smith had quite a good game. Hope your daughter had a nice birthday despite our loss :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

SJ wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
great club.

I agree with both you and Exiled Warrior. I'll just add Smith had quite a good game. Hope your daughter had a nice birthday despite our loss :D
Me too. I never expected a win last night so wasn't too disappointed.

Hull FC, as I mentioned on another thread have recruited very well this year, their pack is awesome compared to ours, we are far too light & I did say they would be in the top four come the Super 8's.

And on another note, I wish people would use an alternative word to "dumb" I find it very insulting to people who are afflicted by this!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wigan Watcher wrote:Come on someone must defend our team and their performances they have made?
Why on Earth would you take pleasure in someone wanting to do that, again another insight into your loyalties in my opinion!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
OJ

Post by OJ »

Wigan Watcher wrote:So we lost and in the most we were bad to terrible. We had a full strength team out so why did we loose?

Over to the rose tinters to explain!
You gave up on the team a tad early didn't you! Fair play it wasn't our finest couple of hours but that's the nature of sport. We were saying last night that all the referrals to the video ref didn't half eat up the time, so much so that it was around 2205 when the final whistle blew and yet you posted that we had lost at 2152. In other words you had given up some 15 minutes or more before the end of the game. It didn't happen last night but we have had some spectacular comebacks before now, my favourite being the game against Bradford in the play offs of 2007. By coincidence we were 12 points behind with about 15 minutes to go that night and ended up winning 31 - 30. Didn't happen last night but never write a Wigan team off

It was a disappointment - tough. We give it out we have to take it some times. I'm with all those refusing to give up just yet
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

[qutoo OJ="OJ"]
Wigan Watcher wrote:So we lost and in the most we were bad to terrible. We had a full strength team out so why did we loose?

Over to the rose tinters to explain!
You gave up on the team a tad early didn't you! Fair play it wasn't our finest couple of hours but that's the nature of sport. We were saying last night that all the referrals to the video ref didn't half eat up the time, so much so that it was around 2205 when the final whistle blew and yet you posted that we had lost at 2152. In other words you had given up some 15 minutes or more before the end of the game. It didn't happen last night but we have had some spectacular comebacks before now, my favourite being the game against Bradford in the play offs of 2007. By coincidence we were 12 points behind with about 15 minutes to go that night and ended up winning 31 - 30. Didn't happen last night but never write a Wigan team off

It was a disappointment - tough. We give it out we have to take it some times. I'm with all those refusing to give up just yet[/quote]

Me too OJ
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

Men v/s boys last night. This is a very good Hull team; quality players showing skill and commitment. I think they will definitely be in the mix come the end of the season.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

georgeorwell wrote:Men v/s boys last night. This is a very good Hull team; quality players showing skill and commitment. I think they will definitely be in the mix come the end of the season.
Agreed. But the sad thing is this Hull team couldn't hold a candle to the Wigan of 3+ years ago. We have gone backwards as much as they have progressed. Something needs to change before it becomes terminal decline.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:
SJ wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: Exactly like yourself, I will never call Wane has he has been a good servant to the club over many years and responsible for many good young players developing and making it to the first team, but I have also come to the conclusion that Wane has taken the present squad as far as he can take them and perhaps a change in the position of Head Coach is needed and like yourself a top coach from down under.

Me too. I never expected a win last night so wasn't too disappointed.

Hull FC, as I mentioned on another thread have recruited very well this year, their pack is awesome compared to ours, we are far too light & I did say they would be in the top four come the Super 8's.

And on another note, I wish people would use an alternative word to "dumb" I find it very insulting to people who are afflicted by this!
Correct Josie, but seems to be part of life these days for some not to respect people with health problems.