latest bateman rumour

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
yokozuna

Re: latest bateman rumour

Post by yokozuna »

thegimble wrote:
stevo38 wrote:Hearing Bateman banned from all rugby activities including training and wages stopped for 4 weeks police investigation will be concluded as neither person pressing charges
Thought it was against employment law to punish a person whilst under police investigation.

Could give a person a case in a tribunal due to process.
Think he's saying that there's no further police investigation, due to no charges, and I assume, no additional evidence. So it's just a club matter now.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Firestarter

Re: Bateman

Post by Firestarter »

Jimmy Birts wrote:
Firestarter wrote:It's just typical Wigan rugby to keep everything hush hush.
It never used to be like that.Surely the best way forward is to get things out in the open and deal with it.
Bateman is the best player in super league IMO.
Keep him at all costs and put him on a final warning
Cmon you and I don't know what's gone on so where's the talk of putting him on an final warning come from? And for what? Internet rumour. Where's the evidence?
Worth remembering, we booted Long and he haunted us for a decade. Leeds kept Hardaker and he helped them to a treble. Do Wigan want to be a winning club or pander to a set of puritanical roasters who think 'reputation' is the be all?
Well he wasnt rested last night.He was obviously dropped for a reason.Even if i did know what had happened i wouldnt share it for obvious reasons.
Going off what you said he needs to be treated right until the truth comes out
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
markill

Post by markill »

Wane said something like 'he wasn't available for selection' and left it at that
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Ken

Bateman

Post by Ken »

We kept faith in Hock and he was not loyal to the club, so we should keep fait in Bateman as he as played and bled Wigan blood.
Ken Blinston
Second Row

Post by Second Row »

there is a precedent already set by the club in the case of Feka, so whoever is involved then like consideration should apply.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

So Bateman is guilty till proven innocent?
I'm disgusted the Club can be economical with the truth and reveal the blatantly obvious!
Come clean.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Second Row wrote:there is a precedent already set by the club in the case of Feka, so whoever is involved then like consideration should apply.
Completely different situation I'm afraid.
JUKESAYS

Post by JUKESAYS »

No straw damn us wrote:
Second Row wrote:there is a precedent already set by the club in the case of Feka, so whoever is involved then like consideration should apply.
Correct

I hope that the club take time to investigate all the evidence and if anyone has stepped out of line singular or multiple I hope each receives a fair punishment in line with what they did irrespective of who they are.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

JUKESAYS wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:
Correct

I hope that the club take time to investigate all the evidence and if anyone has stepped out of line singular or multiple I hope each receives a fair punishment in line with what they did irrespective of who they are.
Exactly. Some of the comments at the game last night were cringeworthy.