Budgie

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Budgie

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Fantastic news!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I knew this last week but was asked not say anything :thum: very good news :D
pieeater

Post by pieeater »

Absolutely brilliant news - can't wait to see him back home at Wigan :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
OJ

Post by OJ »

Quelle surprise!

Welcome back Joe.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

lots of keyboard warriors on Facebook, pointing out
how its another Wigan player who couldnt cut it in the NRL.

well i will happily have him back at Wigan, if his confidence isnt knocked for not getting the chances in the NRL we have a Top try scorer, mature headed player.

and ive missed the Burgess/Farrell link up this year it was brilliant to watch.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

They are only jealous caboose!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote:lots of keyboard warriors on Facebook, pointing out
how its another Wigan player who couldnt cut it in the NRL.

well i will happily have him back at Wigan, if his confidence isnt knocked for not getting the chances in the NRL we have a Top try scorer, mature headed player.
Very true. One of the stand out attributes of Budgie was he looked a natural and as you say a mature headed player.
and ive missed the Burgess/Farrell link up this year it was brilliant to watch.
Me also. Buggies presence of mind to be able to pass or kick inside for Faz while going full tilt down the wing was a joy to watch.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

The way Josh has been playing he will be difficult to replace, but many also said the same when Budgie was leaving.
I think budgie's sheer speed is something that allows him to stand out, however, I think his confidence will be down following his stint in NRL.

Welcome back Joe.
markill

Post by markill »

Mike wrote:He went too early.
I was going to say the same. He also went to a not ideal situation, with rep. players for Aus/NZ/NSW ahead of him in the pecking order (Tupou, Kenny-Dowell, Ferguson).
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
markill

Post by markill »

Panchitta Marra wrote:The way Josh has been playing he will be difficult to replace, but many also said the same when Budgie was leaving.
I think budgie's sheer speed is something that allows him to stand out, however, I think his confidence will be down following his stint in NRL.

Welcome back Joe.
I don't think his confidence will be down. It hasn't really been performance that saw him not make a big go of it, it's been selection and minor knocks at the wrong times. He scored twice on debut in a massively underperforming side, then went down to NSW Cup where he scored in 4 or 5 games in a row. He probably would've been back in the side last couple of weeks, or at least in with a shout, but he picked up a knock in training a couple of weeks ago I saw.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod