Brexit UK vote to leave Europe in historic referendum

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Brexit UK vote to leave Europe in historic referendum

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I would have loved to see how remaining would have benefitted the REAL people of this country!!

Equally I can't wait to see how leaving will benefit the REAL people of this country!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

DaveO wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
DaveO wrote:Those who voted leave have just wrecked the country.

I make no apology for saying this, but fools the lot of you.

As predicted the £ has crashed and so you are all worse off by over 10% and still counting counting and this is just the start, one of many economic downsides to come.

Telegraph is predicting the worst ever fall in the UK stock market.

And what for? Because some people are bothered about the Polish man in the pub.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion/vote without being labelled a fool in your opinion.
This is not a debate about Wane as coach. I believe anyone who has voted to leave has been very foolish. None of what they expect to happen for the good will happen. It will be the opposite.
DaveO you are entitled to your opinion and I for one am not saying you will be wrong as time will tell but I just think that other people are not fools for disagreeing with you, they might have made a mistake, who knows? But they believe what they think is right and equally they might think you are a fool for wanting to remain.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

The pound is the lowest value since 1985 - "the pound will recover" yeah ok that's how global finance networks work isn't it? No it could take decades to recover.

It's that small mindedness and lack of real plan which I thought would stop this ridiculously horrendous choice being made

But no the "foreigners tekkin our jobs init!" Lot have just started the apocalypse of the U.K. Economy

See how clever it is when all the prices go up and the wages go down and there's no nhs
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

DaveO wrote:
medlocke wrote:Shut up Dave, jesus, you lost, deal with it, or are you only bothered about your own property values dropping, like the majority of other Bremainers, only bothered about yourself, as for the pound it WILL rise again. Oh and by the way, i am friends with many Polish people, my doctor is Nigerian, my cardiologist is Egyptian the end, ps if we had lost we wouldn't have moaned on as much as you are probably going to do
I won't be shutting up. I am going to be telling you "I told you so" for years to come. You and those who have voted like you have wrecked the coujnry for generations.

It's also bloody obvious many have voted to leave based immigration when it is just not the cause of this countries problems.

I don't give a stuff about the value of my property. It's something I live in not speculate on. I have never understood the obsession some people have had with property values as if you sell you have to buy another! I am also not one of those daft enough to take out a 2nd mortgage based on its value who are now facing negative equity and I'll manage to pay the mortgage even if interests rates rise as predicted.

But it's not about me. I just read something suggesting the way the vote has gone across the country shows those in economically deprived areas have voted leave in a big majority. A backlash to the current state of their communities where arguing an economic crash will occur cut no ice because they are screwed anyway. Just WTF do they expect to change?

If it is such a backlash, what is going to happen when those who did the backlashing realise their lot is not only not going to change but will actually, now, get worse?

Cameroon has just resigned. Those areas, including Wigan, can look forward to more cuts and an underfunded if not complete sold off NHS as an even more right wing Tory government takes over and the economy tanks.

Turkey's just voted for Christmas.
Sadly I fear you are right.

What is interesting is the correllation with an area's wealth and how it voted.

Less affluent, traditional Labour areas have voted for Brexit, and in their masses. More affluent areas and those with higher immigration voted to stay in.

Personally I voted in. My experience with EU immigrants is overwhelmingly positive. I also do not appreciated being lied to, and imo, the leave campaign did that more than the other side.

Note that Farage has ALREADY admitted that there will NOT be an extra £350m a day to spend on the NHS after all.

Some people in the leave campaign, not al, have been played for fools.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

As predicted the £ has crashed and so you are all worse off by over 10% and still counting counting and this is just the start, one of many economic downsides to come.

And I make no appoliges for saying you are talking complete garbage. You can get off bandwagon of scaremongering now as it is done. We have finaly got a country back with its own voice. I can honestly say hand on heart this morning I am proud to have voted out and proud to be British. We can now become that bulldog again instead of the lambs led on a lead.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote: I would have loved to see how remaining would have benefitted the REAL people of this country!!

Equally I can't wait to see how leaving will benefit the REAL people of this country!!
So I am guessing you abstained :sly:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I'm with you Dave this is a vote that's been done on emotion rather than sense and will plunge the uk into dark times. Already the lies are unfolding the 350 mil extra for the nhs oh yeah didn't exist and that's the tip of the iceberg

The under 30s have voted to remain and had their future destroyed by the people who will not even see out how bad a choice this is

Not the under 30s that I spoke to. The majority wanted out and immigration was NOT an issue!
TrueBlueWarrior

DaveO wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: I would have loved to see how remaining would have benefitted the REAL people of this country!!

So I am guessing you abstained :sly:
Correct DaveO, I can't vote for something that I have no confidence in either way!!
Wigan_forever1985

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:

And I make no appoliges for saying you are talking complete garbage. You can get off bandwagon of scaremongering now as it is done. We have finaly got a country back with its own voice. I can honestly say hand on heart this morning I am proud to have voted out and proud to be British. We can now become that bulldog again instead of the lambs led on a lead.
And your plan for this?? I assume it's better than the void plan by the rest of the leave lot?

Why does everyone think that the uk is suddenly going to become a powerhouse?, were too small we import most our goods and the ones we export are low in value.

Turn in the news and look at the value of the pound right now - if you think that's good the god help us all
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

Kittwazzer wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I'm with you Dave this is a vote that's been done on emotion rather than sense and will plunge the uk into dark times. Already the lies are unfolding the 350 mil extra for the nhs oh yeah didn't exist and that's the tip of the iceberg

The under 30s have voted to remain and had their future destroyed by the people who will not even see out how bad a choice this is

Not the under 30s that I spoke to. The majority wanted out and immigration was NOT an issue!
Look at the official figures