England

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
thegimble

Re: England

Post by thegimble »

Boris Johnson as asked if he gives another referendum on the EU vote can England play Iceland again.

All I will say being Welsh atm is rather good. Win or lose on Friday we have achieved as much as any England side since 1996 and on foreign land since 1990.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

thegimble wrote:Boris Johnson as asked if he gives another referendum on the EU vote can England play Iceland again.

All I will say being Welsh atm is rather good. Win or lose on Friday we have achieved as much as any England side since 1996 and on foreign land since 1990.
Some high standards them gimble!! :wink:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote:Boris Johnson as asked if he gives another referendum on the EU vote can England play Iceland again.

Well at least when we qualify we always go as far as the quarters. That will be an open top parade for England very soon.
TrueBlueWarrior

thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:

Well at least when we qualify we always go as far as the quarters. That will be an open top parade for England very soon.
.....fair point, no doubt you will reach the quarters again in 58 years time!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Some high standards them gimble!! :wink:
No point going to a tournament if you have no chance of winning it. 1958 could have been very different if John Charles was fit and played against Brazil. They were terrified of him.

Maybe more we got more hard luck stories than England. Though the side is fairly young should go well for another 4 years. I said the side not squad the squad is poor but 1-11 decent side.
TrueBlueWarrior

thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote: Well at least when we qualify we always go as far as the quarters. That will be an open top parade for England very soon.
No point going to a tournament if you have no chance of winning it. 1958 could have been very different if John Charles was fit and played against Brazil. They were terrified of him.

Maybe more we got more hard luck stories than England. Though the side is fairly young should go well for another 4 years. I said the side not squad the squad is poor but 1-11 decent side.
I think the quality of international football in general has deteriorated and given the smaller nations a more competitive chance!! I don't mean that disrespectfully to anyone!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
thegimble wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: .....fair point, no doubt you will reach the quarters again in 58 years time!!

I think the quality of international football in general has deteriorated and given the smaller nations a more competitive chance!! I don't mean that disrespectfully to anyone!!
Quality of international football world wide is crap. All sides now need is organisation and pace and you have a chance.
TrueBlueWarrior

Totally agree!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I think Rugby League should be the national sport played by proper men instead of overpaid prima donnas who fall over if someone runs past them fast!!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan