Tautai & Charnley charged

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
BriH

Re: Tautai & Charnley charged

Post by BriH »

I thought JC,s contact was just a spur of the moment reaction. No malice intended but...he did grab his arm.
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

No matter the argument touching a referee is wrong no matter how bad he was,we don't want to end up like football where referees have no respect from players and get jostled on every major decision ,I fully expect Josh to be banned as this needs stamping out of our game.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I dont know what Josh was doing,you dont under any circumstances touch a ref,if a sky diver was late on friday evening,came down and landed on Hicks,you leave him there,you do not touch.it doesnt matter if it was minimal you simply dont touch,Josh knew that so quite why he did it god alone knows.

Tautai's tackle was nasty looking,if it goes wrong its a career ender so he's rightly up before the beak.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

For the second week running, Tania Arnold on the Super League Show has highlighted a tackle by a Wigan player, but I have noticed that she never does likewise about foul tackles on Wigan players.

On last nights programme, it followed a post match interview by Leeds Coach Brian McDermott in which he was complaining about the kind of tackle carried out by Tautai.

Are we to believe that Tautai has been cited because of the interview. If so, should Coaches not be allowed to pass comment on any tackle as it could have a bearing on any punishment by the Disciplinary Committee.

As a result of what was on the Super League Show, I fear the worse for Tautai at today's hearing.

markill

Post by markill »

Tautai's tackle was the worst tackle of the game. It deserves highlighting. We want it out of the game surely!? Until our own house is in order with stuff like that I don't really see what good there is having a moan about other offences that weren't as bad not being highlighted. We're living in a glass house, we shouldn't be throwing stones.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

markill wrote:Tautai's tackle was the worst tackle of the game. It deserves highlighting. We want it out of the game surely!? Until our own house is in order with stuff like that I don't really see what good there is having a moan about other offences that weren't as bad not being highlighted. We're living in a glass house, we shouldn't be throwing stones.
But ours has been cited, others haven't, why?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
markill

Post by markill »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
markill wrote:Tautai's tackle was the worst tackle of the game. It deserves highlighting. We want it out of the game surely!? Until our own house is in order with stuff like that I don't really see what good there is having a moan about other offences that weren't as bad not being highlighted. We're living in a glass house, we shouldn't be throwing stones.
But ours has been cited, others haven't, why?
Because they have either been missed or not seen as even warranting further review by the ref/match commissioner/whoever reviewed the tapes. People make mistakes at work all the time, unfortunately. It's not Tanya Arnold or the Super League Show's job to find incidents for the disciplinary to cite, so it's almost irrelevant what they talk about on their show, which has limited time for each game obviously.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Mark is he is the first or second tackler making thaat tackle, 99% of fans would be screaming tectbook tackle that is what players should do! Third man in?he was virtually chewing the grass making it around the bootlaces. Now I understand the hysteria around these tackles, to call it a cannonball is a total misnomer. Was it deliberate; sure was, he wernt so low to ensure he was not penalised because around the knees is far more dangerous and usually results in a penalty. Is that tackle more dangerous than one around the kness? Is that tackle onm a par the one made by a St Helens reserve player recently?

Coaches are interesting beasts are they not. Brian McDermott like every other pro coach insists his players his abouve the ball. EVERY such tackle has a smaller margin of error and is far more dangerous than a textbook around the ankle first tckler YET McDermott like all coaches demands it and is totally happy with the danger / harm it risks to opposing players.

We could always insist referees call held immediately? or would that stop McDermott and all coaches insisting their players WRESTLE / SLOW the POTB down.

Professional coaches are the greatest hypocrites are they not.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Touchin the referee? Huge degrees as to what it can be. Far better not to touch referees but are referees perfect?
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

cpwigan wrote:Touchin the referee? Huge degrees as to what it can be. Far better not to touch referees but are referees perfect?

No, but they are Untouchable :lol: