What changes do we need to make for the semi-final?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: What changes do we need to make for the semi-final?

Post by Caboosegg »

cpwigan wrote:We need superb / crazy completion ad minimal mistake. We have always needed that under Wane. PM, I think the majoity of fans have finally see through the hapless Wane. We cannot change anything short term but just hope rthe players play the perfect game otherwise we lose. Worryingly, Wane will never be sacked, IL and Rads will not sack him even at the end of the season. Worse, Wane knows it.

Yup weve finally seen through the coach who taken us to how many grand finals in a row again.......

People are seeing we need somthing extra in attack but to call wane hapless. We have been thre 80 minutes from a trophy every season how many other teams can say that?
Yes we havent been good enough in the end but im sure plenty of other teams would happily have a coach who gets they to the GF as often as we do.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

You may as well be 80 hours than 80 minutes from winning because runner up is losing and to suggest that somebody should be respected for continually failing and being a loser is IMO crazy. As it stands Wigan have failed 2 consecutive seasons and it may be a third.

Let us look at what a coach at Wigan has to work with? A winning club, The best set up, the best support staff, a very supportive owner/directors, the best supply of junior talent in the UK, the greatest reputation to attract player from across the globe

Against what? An ever poorer competition.Fans are not stupid, they know sat at the DW or wherever that the standard of SL is very ordinary, mediocre? poor?

Worse, even Wian fans know who will receive the ball and run every individual tackle in every part of the pitch. I can watch boting RL but most fans can't and do not like doing so. Lest we forget this was the coach who said he was going to win games by more points and in much greater style.

YOU WANT THE TRUTH; deny it is you want. Our players slog their guts out in defence, to the point that they use too much endergy to attack whenever they do not dominate field position and possession. It then becomes a vicious circle; tired players make even more mistakes, get even less possession and have to do even more defensive work. A Wigan game often may as well be a practice game of attack v defence.

Can anybody say they have seen any amazing strategy when in possession, an amazing ply, an unsual play. Think of this if we know who and when will get the ball, what do you think clubs with professional IT analysis are telling their players. A previous week, Leeds screwed with WAnes game plan simply by bombin wingers with no intention of competing for the kick.

I have been saying it long enough, Wane is not good enough to coach Wigan.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

You have a bee in your bonnet about Wane, you always have had cp :(

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I do not rate him as a coach Josie, no secret as I never have and it is no satisfaction that increasingly others think likewise.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Ultimately though what I or 000's of Wigan fans think or do not think matters not one jot. Wane is going nowhere. He could fail miserably and still not get the sack.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:You have a bee in your bonnet about Wane, you always have had cp :(
More of a grudge if you ask me.

Now, got one about Corbyn to add to his collection!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote:You have a bee in your bonnet about Wane, you always have had cp :(
More of a grudge if you ask me.

Now, got one about Corbyn to add to his collection!
....add Tierney to the list of grudges!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I worry about people who do not understand what a grudge means. I have opinuions, opinions that I support with evidence. Not sure why somebody should bring politics into this section of the forum. Politics is far more important.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:I worry about people who do not understand what a grudge means. I have opinuions, opinions that I support with evidence. Not sure why somebody should bring politics into this section of the forum.

Politics is far more important.
It's not a matter of life & death tho :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:lol: God bless Shankly