Message to Ian Lenagan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Message to Ian Lenagan

Post by DaveO »

butt monkey wrote:
DaveO wrote:
It didn't when we changed Noble for Madge did it! The exact opposite in fact.
Just been thinking this.

How close a similar situation we are now with Wane as we were back then with Noble.

Some fans would still to this day still claim Noble should have been given that contract extension and they are the same ones currently claiming Wane is still the right man for the job despite what they see with their own eyes
I think we are in the exact same situation and I can't understand the faith some have in Wane just as I could not with Noble. It's as if he's seen as being bigger than the club.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He should have gone 2 years ago.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

cpwigan wrote:He should have gone 2 years ago.
A year after winning the double and getting to the grand final?
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

My message would be to Mr Lenagan.
Last year we bombed out the challenge cup early[poor show].We also had the league title nicked in the last seconds[Broughs fault].In the Grand Final we also just missed.If last season was a top class horse race we ran,,,,Badly,Photo finish 2nd,and a close 2nd. Loosing to a Treble winning horse twice.

This year so far

A Close Semi in the challenge cup and we go out[better than last year regardless of injurys.Currently 3rd in the league title chase and have been,2nd & top some weeks,still in with a great shout,some fitness worries/disaplin,but players are slowly getting back.Looking at the Grand Final fixtures we are also in with a great shout.Hull with have one eye on Wembley now.Everyone fancies Warrington to be the same[come on wakefield].

Everything to play for and finish better than last season. Inspite of everything on and off the field.Constantly between 7-10 first team players out and we are ther or ther abouts.

To the Leeds chief Mr Hetherington

Sack that trebble winning idiot,he cant possibly be any good. looking at your current position in all 3 trophys.Looses 3 or 4 player and its all gone pear......Shoot The Horse....

I DONT THINK SO.Do You.

4G

shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Coaches/Managers live and die by their results. I like Waney as a person but this club is going backwards. We had a real dig last night and the effort the guys put in was admirable but effort doesn't win you pots at the end of the season. Hull were the far better team.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

4 Generations wrote:My message would be to Mr Lenagan.
Last year we bombed out the challenge cup early[poor show].We also had the league title nicked in the last seconds[Broughs fault].In the Grand Final we also just missed.If last season was a top class horse race we ran,,,,Badly,Photo finish 2nd,and a close 2nd. Loosing to a Treble winning horse twice.

This year so far

A Close Semi in the challenge cup and we go out[better than last year regardless of injurys.Currently 3rd in the league title chase and have been,2nd & top some weeks,still in with a great shout,some fitness worries/disaplin,but players are slowly getting back.Looking at the Grand Final fixtures we are also in with a great shout.Hull with have one eye on Wembley now.Everyone fancies Warrington to be the same[come on wakefield].

Everything to play for and finish better than last season. Inspite of everything on and off the field.Constantly between 7-10 first team players out and we are ther or ther abouts.

Sack that trebble winning idiot,he cant possibly be any good. looking at your current position in all 3 trophys.Looses 3 or 4 player and its all gone pear......Shoot The Horse....

I DONT THINK SO.Do You.

4G

I think you are deluded. I seriously do. You ignore the fact we have been knocked out of the CC three years running but worse ignore the manner of it. Wane was coached off the park by Powell and Chester previously and this year we lost the semi because of the glaring problem Wane has failed to fix all season, our piss poor attack.

These losses were not to top class sides in epic encounters where a top Wigan side just didn't get the rub of the green as happens in sport. They were dire performances in eminently winnable games.

Three years with no trip to Wembley and the manner of the exit from the competition is enough to sack Wane alone.

The fact the team has served up dross all season yet while on paper we look to be in with a chance is a strange contradiction.

If you like stats here are a couple. Worst attack on average for 34 years and we are averaging 19 points a game. Think that sort of form is enough to win a GF?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

DaveO wrote:
4 Generations wrote:My message would be to Mr Lenagan.

This year so far

I DONT THINK SO.Do You.

4G

I think you are deluded. I seriously do. You ignore the fact we have been knocked out of the CC three years running but worse ignore the manner of it. Wane was coached off the park by Powell and Chester previously and this year we lost the semi because of the glaring problem Wane has failed to fix all season, our piss poor attack.

These losses were not to top class sides in epic encounters where a top Wigan side just didn't get the rub of the green as happens in sport. They were dire performances in eminently winnable games.

Three years with no trip to Wembley and the manner of the exit from the competition is enough to sack Wane alone.

The fact the team has served up dross all season yet while on paper we look to be in with a chance is a strange contradiction.

If you like stats here are a couple. Worst attack on average for 34 years and we are averaging 19 points a game. Think that sort of form is enough to win a GF?

Dave, I agree with you. Rose tinted glasses come to mind. We are dire, Wigan are in the entertainment game and there is more excitement standing at the bar and having a pint than watching us play!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Panchitta Marra wrote:The players put in 100% effort Mr Lenighan, something Mr Wane strives upon.
This alone seldom wins you matches in important occasions.
It's been over two years since Wigan have been devoid of any attacking ideas, and consequently devoid of any silverware.
Please open your eyes to the real issues Mr Lenighan.
did you pay attention to the points scored by wigan the last 2 seasons?

this year shocking, our for/against 2014/2015 was good.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

there is obviously issues that need to be resolved weve lost last 3 games since batemans come back lets blame him (jk)

there is alot of kneejerk reaction this has been the worst season i can remember in a while for injuries/out of position players/taped up team. and on that basis we are alot higher in the league and got futher in the CC than i expected.

however, our tactics arnt evolving, i think Deacons appauling change to attack last year before he left has made Wane stick to the tried and test current plays, these would work great if we had the players to pull them off, currently we don't and we haven't had the luxury of dropping players on form, (Sarginson hasn't played well recently(possible still carrying a knock?)

my concern is i cannot see it changing next year,

*i will be Shocked if Budgie comes back with his previous form, hes as good as said his heart isnt in it as he wanted to stay in Oz.

*O'loughlins form sad to say seems to be dropping, he got away with a couple of high last night but is going in way to high alot more of the time, my concern is even if he was to hang up his boots this season (i hope he doesn't) we don't have a player to replace him. Bateman is good at what he does but hes not a patch of what O'louglin adds (a loose forwards that can play like a extra half.

*unlike most i don't want to see smith goes when other players give up he constantly running around trying to get them back motivated. his ingame kicking is fine. however we need a Better Goal kicker. smith can kick through the posts fine when there not pressure, but the 2 points he misses in them highly stressful and close games is infuriating .

*we need another fullback, not to get rid of Tomkins but so that there is competition for his spot. i know we have plently of players currently on the books that can fill in if needed but real competition for his spot cannot be bad.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Josie's friend wrote:
cpwigan wrote:He should have gone 2 years ago.
A year after winning the double and getting to the grand final?
Yes! The evidence is there for you to see, inherited a winning team, matched it/bettered it but thereafter on a downward spiral in an ever weakening competition. Lee Radford could win the double this year but he is no super coach either! For some coaches they need even less than 3 years and are then moved on.