Wire v Sts

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
markill

Re: Wire v Sts

Post by markill »

I enjoyed last night's game. I think it was quicker than a lot of games this season. Yeah there were some errors, but you see that sometimes. I don't think errors make games crap, I think a lack of intensity does.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
jobo

Post by jobo »

markill wrote:I enjoyed last night's game. I think it was quicker than a lot of games this season. Yeah there were some errors, but you see that sometimes. I don't think errors make games crap, I think a lack of intensity does.
Think intensity and low errors make a game worth watching. Can't see the point of playing at 100 miles a hour and dropping the ball every few minutes.

Sure there'll be mistakes but for me, last nights game was won by the side who were slightly less error prone than the other.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

jobo wrote:
markill wrote:I enjoyed last night's game. I think it was quicker than a lot of games this season. Yeah there were some errors, but you see that sometimes. I don't think errors make games crap, I think a lack of intensity does.
Think intensity and low errors make a game worth watching. Can't see the point of playing at 100 miles a hour and dropping the ball every few minutes.

Sure there'll be mistakes but for me, last nights game was won by the side who were slightly less error prone than the other.

Yep Jobo, usually the case, the team that makes the fewest number of mistakes normally wins.

Applies to most sports.

I do know most of the clubs "hate" the SL Ball that is used, the dimples and shape are not like the Steedens they used to have a contract for, and when moist or with sweaty palms, it becomes like a bar of soap.

Clubs cannot publicly criticise the balls quality - they are a major Sponsor of the SL !
markill

Post by markill »

jobo wrote:

Saints made more handling errors and missed tackles. I think they kicked better and showed a bit more variety than Wire, who just ran from dummy half all night.

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

markill wrote:
jobo wrote:

Saints made more handling errors and missed tackles. I think they kicked better and showed a bit more variety than Wire, who just ran from dummy half all night.

And Sandow, who most on here think is the second coming, was anonymous (apart from the glaring mistakes he made !).

Said before, he can be a liability (check out his record over many years) and lose you a match.
markill

Post by markill »

Nezza Faz wrote:
markill wrote:
jobo wrote: Think intensity and low errors make a game worth watching. Can't see the point of playing at 100 miles a hour and dropping the ball every few minutes.

And Sandow, who most on here think is the second coming, was anonymous (apart from the glaring mistakes he made !).

Said before, he can be a liability (check out his record over many years) and lose you a match.
I'm not sure he was fully fit. Gidley wasn't up to much too. Hughes and Currie had their poorest games in attack for a while. I think that all stemmed from the amount of dummy half running being even more than normal. Whereas Saints found ways to have runners wider of the ruck well.

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Cup hangover?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Saints an extra week off??
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
SJ

Post by SJ »

Like Mark I enjoyed the game. I think Saints will be in G F and by the way the more I see of LMS the more I appreciate his contribution to his team along with Wilkin and Roby
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Nezza Faz wrote:
jaws1 wrote:How poor is Sl this season

Why do us RL fans keep decrying and knocking our game and competition ?

I don't know too much about the soccer Premier League, but last season it was a dire standard according to a leading pundit. The fact Leicester won it with all the big clubs miles behind, he was saying the standard was dire (Man Utd were rubbish, yet they got full houses each week, fans paying megabucks to get in, as did most of the other teams' fans).

On the back of this standard, England were an embarrassment in Europe ..... yet I can't remember a backlash against their league, or competition. I mean, why do RL fans take the opposite approach and really bag their game, cos if the fans think like this, why should the media take any notice of our sport, when all their own fans can

do, is snipe ?
I watch every game of NRL rugby league each week and there is a world of difference.Criticising our game is just being realistic, it is no good burying our heads in the sand and saying we have an excellent product when we have a poorer SL each season.NRL players are far better than we are(with a few exeptions)not because they are born in the Southern Hemisphere but because they are fitter, faster, coached better and the game is marketed better than here.You can deny it all you like but error ridden games like last night are no advert for RL, we need better coaches and an RFL that can improve our game.