Bateman

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Re: Bateman

Post by butt monkey »

Bateman was, yet again, one of our best last night. Defensively and in possession he was everywhere

Took a rogue finger in the eye from Powell early on and it showed his tough as teak attitude that he returned after that
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Pedro the Exile

Post by Pedro the Exile »

all that and more.Apart from suprisingly strong (helped by his running style/body angle etc which make him a nightmare to put down)he's suprisingly fast but most of all he's just a natural rugby player.Instinctively knows what's happening and what going to happen and where to be.One of the few truly exceptional players we possess at the moment and without him we'd struggle.We'd certainly be less interesting to watch (if thats possible!).
I'd give him a thumping contract for 4 years an dmake him captain and build a team around him.
Unfortunately i reckon he will be off to the NRL in the not too distant future.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Don't forget of course he was given a new contract this time last year,the way it's been stricter was for this year and next,an option for 2018 and of course after that he's free to go to the NRL,now I think that's a clever move on his agents part,we all know he worships his young un,Christ almighty it's a joy to see that,but for that very reason I think he will go to the NRL,he'd make a fortune in a couple of years and she'll be that little bit older and the power of Skype now while not the same is better than nothing.

Sometimes being a good parent means sacrifices JB could set himself up for the rest of his life and give her a great childhood in the process.

Never in a million years would I make him captain you'd take far too much away from his natural game for my liking,he does what he does because of the freedom he has to mire him down would negate so much of that aggression,Faz should be the next captain when Lockers retires in my humble opinion.