Truly great effort

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
yokozuna

Re: Truly great effort

Post by yokozuna »

paulbadds wrote:Hi New to the site. Followed Wigan since I was young. Never been on forum till today so please don't knock me.I have difficulty talking to new people , hence nobody knows me. I would just like to say ,I thought that was 100% credit to all that played .Best Rugby League game I have watched for years. Had me off my seat for all the second half . Well done Wigan .Well done to all .
Welcome to the forum, and what a game!

I'll never get tired of watching Gelling score that try :D
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
GBH

Post by GBH »

Got to be the best match of the year what effort! that what we want to watch
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

yokozuna wrote:
paulbadds wrote:Hi New to the site. Followed Wigan since I was young. Never been on forum till today so please don't knock me.I have difficulty talking to new people , hence nobody knows me. I would just like to say ,I thought that was 100% credit to all that played .Best Rugby League game I have watched for years. Had me off my seat for all the second half . Well done Wigan .Well done to all .
Welcome to the forum, and what a game!

I'll never get tired of watching Gelling score that try :D
Me neither. After beating Saints singlehandedly the other week, he should walk Player of the Season!
pedro

Post by pedro »

southernpie wrote:
pedro wrote:
southernpie wrote:Now to set myself up to be shot down in flames, after the sending off it seemed to me most of the structure was thrown out the window and we started playing rugby, all the players were working for each other and supporting each other. It seemed to me we saw more offloads (and with support) in that last twenty minutes than we have seen all season. I realy enjoyed that last twenty and once the pressure was on Dire cracked and gave us the leg up. Gellings interception to finish the game was a brilliant moment.
disagree really, from the first try we had dummy runners. Said to my dad at full time that in that game we had more dummy runners than the rest of the season combined. Add that to the offloads and it made rugby easy again as our defense wasnt great at times. Too many people jumping out of the line caused 3 tries for them.
Now you mention it, I think you are correct about the dummy runners from early on and the cause of three tries, but I still maintain the natural rugby quality was seriously raised after the red card. I will watch it back to confirm when full game is on Wigan tv
not disagreeing with that, they wanted that game and really showed it for once.
Rich5

Post by Rich5 »

Guys new to the forum too would like to say what a wonderful effort from the boys tonight potentially could of got very ugly after flower ordering off,but as said we started throwing ball dummy runners and everything you'd expect from a Wigan RL team heart,spirit and skill,and if we win next week we have a home tie in the semi final I honestly don't think we'll lose another game this season what a response since the horror show that was Widnes
pedro

Post by pedro »

welcome and well said
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Hello Paul & welcome ????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

GBH wrote:Got to be the best match of the year what effort! that what we want to watch
We enjoyed that eh?
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Rich5 wrote:Guys new to the forum too would like to say what a wonderful effort from the boys tonight potentially could of got very ugly after flower ordering off,but as said we started throwing ball dummy runners and everything you'd expect from a Wigan RL team heart,spirit and skill,and if we win next week we have a home tie in the semi final I honestly don't think we'll lose another game this season what a response since the horror show that was Widnes
Hello & welcome Rich ????????
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

Brilliant last night. Whatever anyone thinks of the coach players continuing to dig deep so they must at least be playing for him.

With regards to flower I thought it was clumsy no nasty so I reckon 1 game but who knows. I know people will try and throw the hohaia thing as a reason to cane home but that was 2 years ago.